AFB Will Be Rolling Deep to the 2012 AER International Conference
by Joe Strechay
The American Foundation for the Blind is prepped and ready to head to the 2012 Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind or Visually Impaired (AER) International Conference in Bellevue, Washington. We are "rolling deep" to the conference, prepped to present, attend, and show off our amazing exhibit!
Our exhibit is in a prime location, exhibit space number one! As you enter the exhibit hall, AFB will be the first booth that you encounter. We will be showing off the titles you know and love from AFB Press, the largest publisher of the textbooks utilized by professionals in the visual disability field and professional preparation programs. It doesn't stop there, though, as Lee Huffman will be there to discuss AccessWorld, the free monthly technology magazine that provides product evaluations of mainstream and assistive technology and much more. Check out the AccessWorld app for your iPhone, find it in the Apple App Store.
Wait, there's more! AFB's web programs FamilyConnect, CareerConnect, VisionAware and the main AFB site will be showing off their redesigned look—check out the changes and what is coming down the pipeline for the future. AFB's eLearning will be representing and showing off the newest offerings as well.
Have you picked out your sessions yet?
AFB has a whole list of sessions that are being offered by our talented, hilarious, and just plain good-looking staff. Check out these sessions at the conference. AFB Staff will also be tweeting from the conference with the hashtag #aer2012. Feel free to follow me on Twitter at @jstrechay, or AFB's main Twitter feed, @afb1921, for the latest information from the conference.
- 10:00 a.m.: Professional Development Opportunities That You Can Use
- 10:00 a.m.: Selecting and E-Book Reader for Persons with Low Vision
- 10:00 a.m.: Does Volunteering Have a Place in the VR or IL Process?
- 10:00 a.m.: Improving Small Visual Displays for Low Vision Users
- 1:30 p.m.: Improving Employment Outcomes for Persons who are Blind or Visually Impaired: an Overview of Six Research Projects
- 3:45 p.m.: Selecting a Video/Electronic Magnifier: Which One is Right for Your Patient/Client/Student
- 2:45 p.m.: Eliminating Jersey Shore Syndrome: Bringing a Dose of Reality to Career Goals
- 8:00 a.m.: Compare & Contrast Digital Book Players: Which One Will Best Meet Your Needs
- 3:45 p.m.: Using Smart Technology as a Rehab Tool
- 4:30 p.m.: The 2012 VI College Survival Guide: Tips, Advice, and Resources
Well, I hope to see you at the conference and in our sessions!
Bellevue Skyline photo courtesy of Shutterstock.
- Conference Recaps
Log in to Post a Comment