Around the web: What we've been reading
by AFB Staff
Here at AFB Headquarters, we like to keep up on important news related to vision loss. Here are some interesting news stories and blog posts from this past week:
- InnovationNewsDaily: New App Lets You Text Without Looking
This article examines a forthcoming (free) app, Brailletouch, that would allow users to text without ever looking at their phones. (More information on this story via CNN's What's Next blog.)
- NorthJersey.com: Ramsey man collects for more than comics
Think you can't be blind and a comic book dealer? Adam Cerniglia might beg to differ.
- The Birmingham News: Blind, vision-impaired in Alabama wait months for mobility training because of teacher shortage
AFB's public policy director, Mark Richert, briefly chimes in on this article about a shortage of O&M instructors in Alabama.
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Training the Blind to Run Businesses
This story chronicles the Forsythe Center for Entrepreneurship's initiative to provide entrepreneurship skills and training to people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Reuters: British actress Judi Dench says not going blind
Oscar-winning British actress Judi Dench has announced her diagnosis of macular degeneration, but says she is not "going blind." (AFB's Joe Strechay blogged about it here.)
Laptop computer image courtesy of Shutterstock.
- In the News
Log in to Post a Comment
- Education (30 posts)
- Conference Recaps (21 posts)
- Readers Want to Know (12 posts)
- Leadership (3 posts)
- Helpful Products (20 posts)
- Holidays (12 posts)
- Braille (6 posts)
- Personal Reflections (41 posts)
- In the News (35 posts)
- Public Policy (35 posts)
- Reading (22 posts)
- Books (9 posts)
- Technology (38 posts)
- Getting Around (37 posts)
- Orientation and Mobility (19 posts)