File Folder Assemblor - Bainbridge Georgia
Organization: Georgia Industries for the Blind
Georgia Industries for the Blind (GIB), Bainbridge Manufacturing plant, is currently seeking blind qualified individuals to join our winning team.
GIB Bainbridge plant currently has available positions in specialized assembly
The position Objectives for Specialized Assembly is to assemble file folders in a safe manner with the least possible waste, ensuring that specifications and customer requirements are met.
Essential Duties (Considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, and responsibility):
1. Tends assembly station as assigned. Work station may be tended by sitting and/or standing.
2. Reloads precut tape to tape dispensing device.
3. Adds solution to tape dispensing device.
4. Notifies supervisor of any mistakes or unexpected occurrences.
5. Performs all job duties using safe work methods
6. Hand assembles file folder covers and inserts using assembly table, precut tape and solution to activate glue.
7. Disposes waste materials appropriately.
8. Performs housekeeping as required for the production area.
9. Complies with all company policies and procedures, including absenteeism and tardiness policy.
10. Works normally scheduled days adhering to starting and stopping times. Works overtime as required.