Braille Transcriber - Cincinnati, OH
Organization: Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Imapired
Assists the Braille production process by correcting and proofreading of post-translation material.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Correct production files in text and use Braille code to make changes in Braille files.
2. Confirm Braille and text files match.
3. Perform necessary steps for consistent set-up of production files.
4. Operate Brallio 200.
5. Compare Braille against print copy to assure accurate transcription, formatting and proper use of Braille codes.
6. Assist in the training of copyholders and proofreaders in the procedures and processes of the proofreading phase of the Braille translation.
7. Read zinc plates as needed.
8. Work overtime as required by supervisor to meet production demands and deadlines.
9. Follow all safety procedures and promote a safe work environment.
10. Maintain positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Must be a skilled Braille reader and keep current with changes in the Braille code. Braille Transcription Certification and/or Proofreading Certification preferred.
3. Good command of the English language.
4. Proficient P/C skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
5. Post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Clovernook offers a competitive salary, possible signing bonus and reimbursement for moving expenses. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long term Disability Insurance and 4O1k Options.
We have been a leader in Braille production since the creation of the Clovernook Braille Print House in 1912 and continue to be one of the largest braille production facilities in North America.
Please apply online by following the link below or from our website at www.clovernook.org under "Work for us"