- Grocery Pal: An Accessible Shopping Helper for Your Smartphone or Tablet
A recent AccessWorld® evaluation by Bill Holton found Grocery Pal to be a free, useful, access-friendly shopping assistant.
- Earl: An Evaluation of the Newspaper-Reading App from Angle LLC
Earl, a relatively simple app for reading newspapers on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, may be just what some folks are looking for.
- AFB Announces New, Enhanced eLearning Center for Vision Loss Professionals
Busy professionals in the blindness and low vision fields now have a familiar resource with a new look and even more robust offerings: the AFB eLearning Center. A long-time leader in the arena of professional development for vision loss specialists, AFB is now offering webinars on cutting-edge topics from some of the most reputable names in the field.
- Reminder to check out the new American Foundation for the Blind App that Helps People with Vision Loss Easily Take Notes on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®
For the millions of Americans with vision loss looking for a simple, convenient way to take notes at work, at school, or at home, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) has launched the AccessNote™, a specialized notetaker for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fun for You and $5 for VisionAware!
Enjoy today's bestsellers in easy-to-read large print and Reader's Digest Partners for Sight Foundation will donate $5 for each Reader's Digest Select Editions Large Type subscription purchased.
- Meet Holly McKnight, a Volunteer at the AFB Center on Vision Loss
Why on earth would a person work for free? Meet Holly McKnight, a young volunteer at the AFB Center on Vision Loss in Dallas, Texas and learn about the many valuable rewards and benefits one gets for their volunteer service to others. You may be greatly surprised.