- New macular degeneration research from the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study
Read about this ground breaking research
- AFB Celebrates 20th Anniversary of the Helen Keller Achievement Awards and Announces 2016 Honorees
NEW YORK (May 3, 2016)—The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) today announced the recipients of the 20th annual Helen Keller Achievement Awards, which acknowledge those who have made extraordinary efforts to improve quality of life for people with vision loss. Honorees will be fêted at a special 20th anniversary gala in New York City on June 16th.
- New Research on Electronic Medical Records and Adherence to Glaucoma Meds
Read this research
- Mother's Day Gift Guide
Read our great suggestions
- Peer Advisor Sue Wiygul Martin Pens New Memoir About Her Dog Guides
Read about "In Dog "Trust.
- Philip "Phil" Hatlen, Creator of the Expanded Core Curriculum, Has Died
Dr. Hatlen, who died January 14, 2016, once said, "Stand tall, be proud of your profession. . . . Be gentle, be creative, and respect the dignity of all children. Love life, work hard, live with a passion for everything that you do. Laugh a lot, and help your students to learn to laugh."