- Two Individuals Linked to Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness to Be Inducted into Hall of Fame for Leaders and Legends of the Blindness Field
Francis Joseph Campbell and Alan Koenig, both individuals who are linked to the Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (JVIB), were recently announced as the next inductees of the Hall of Fame for Leaders and Legends of the Blindness Field.
- Parliamentary Committee Receives Critical Letters as it Investigates the Low Educational Attainment of Students with Sensory Impairments in Scotland
The Education and Culture Committee of the Scottish Parliament received critical letters from individuals and organizations for its examination into the progress being made by the Scottish Government in reducing the educational attainment gap for children with sensory impairments in the country.
- AFB Announces 2015 Helen Keller Achievement Award Honorees
NEW YORK (May 6, 2015)—The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) today announced the names of four honorees who will receive the prestigious Helen Keller Achievement Awards at a special gala in New York City on June 18th.
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
NEW YORK (May 5, 2015)—Today, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) made its new, accessible HTML5 embedded video player available as a free download. The AFB Accessible Player makes it easy for people with vision loss to play videos online, something that can be fraught with accessibility challenges.
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
The Canadian government recently announced its intention to implement the World Intellectual Property Organization's Marrakesh Treaty. Canadian Industry Minister James Moore explained that the measure will help the million-plus Canadians who are unable to take professional or educational opportunities becase of a lack of accessible reading materials.