- Today is the 26th Anniversary of the ADA
Read the CareerConnect blog
- New Getting Started Tip Sheet on Hearing and Vision Loss
Check out the latest tip sheet just in time for Deaf-Blind Awareness Week.
- New Research Indicates that Number of Older Americans with Visual Impairment or Blindness Is Expected To Double By 2050
Find out more
- Read our newest VisionAware Newsletter
Find out what is going on with VisionAware
- AFB Celebrates 20th Anniversary of the Helen Keller Achievement Awards and Announces 2016 Honorees
NEW YORK (May 3, 2016)—The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) today announced the recipients of the 20th annual Helen Keller Achievement Awards, which acknowledge those who have made extraordinary efforts to improve quality of life for people with vision loss. Honorees will be fêted at a special 20th anniversary gala in New York City on June 16th.
- Philip "Phil" Hatlen, Creator of the Expanded Core Curriculum, Has Died
Dr. Hatlen, who died January 14, 2016, once said, "Stand tall, be proud of your profession. . . . Be gentle, be creative, and respect the dignity of all children. Love life, work hard, live with a passion for everything that you do. Laugh a lot, and help your students to learn to laugh."