American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Be a Champion
All children deserve to have a champion in their corner. Be that champion by supporting H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
New Book: Spanish Basics for O&M
AFB Press is excited to announce the release of Basic Spanish for Orientation and Mobility: A Phrase Book and Dictionary.
A Gala Celebration!
Join us in celebrating individuals and organizations that have improved quality of life for all people with vision loss.
Essential Elements in Early Intervention
A new and complete guide for professionals working with young children with vision loss and other disabilities now available from AFB Press!
Strengthen Specialized Services for People with Vision Loss
People with vision loss learn necessary and life-changing skills thanks to specialized services.
- AFB Center on Vision Loss in Dallas is April Agency of the Month
- AFB Welcomes George Pocheptsov to National Board
- CVS/pharmacy Now Offers "Talking" Prescription Labels for Individuals with Vision Impairments Through its Online Pharmacy
- AFB Names Recipient of its First-Ever Stephen Garff Marriott Award
Join the Conversation
- AFB Joins with AER to Create New Webinar Series
by AFB on 4/23/2014
- Happy Birthday, Annie Sullivan!
by Helen Selsdon on 4/14/2014
- Ten Ways to Lose a Job: What Not to Do as an Employee Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 4/10/2014
- The Key to Improving Relationships on the Job When You Have a Visual Impairment or Blindness
by Shannon Carollo on 4/23/2014
- Commentary on Runner's World Essay, The Blind Side: How to Handle a Hurtful, Ill-Informed Comment When You Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 4/21/2014
- Help! How Can I, An Instructor of Youth Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired, Use CareerConnect?
by Shannon Carollo on 4/18/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 230 subjects
- Technology Talk - 167 subjects
- Work Life - 41 subjects