American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Register Now for the 2014 AFB Leadership Conference!
The American Foundation for the Blind invites you to its 2014 Leadership Conference, which will take place February 27-March 1 at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge.
Holiday Gift Ideas for Loved Ones with Vision Loss
Wondering what to get for friends and family members who are blind or visually impaired this holiday season? Look no further.
Strengthen Specialized Services for People with Vision Loss
People with vision loss learn necessary and life-changing skills thanks to specialized services.
- 2014 Migel Medal Recipients Announced
- Chicago Lighthouse and American Foundation for the Blind Join Forces to Market Adaptive Technologies
- AFB's Note-Taking App, AccessNote, Gets an Update
Join the Conversation
- Gift Ideas for Friends and Family Members who Are Blind or Visually Impaired: AFB Has You Covered
by AFB Staff on 12/5/2013
- For #GivingTuesday, 10 Reasons to Support AFB
by AFB Staff on 11/22/2013
- What You Must Know Before Assessing a Child for Orientation and Mobility Instruction
by AFB Staff on 11/15/2013
- 5 Tips for Creating Individualized Transition and Employment Goals with Youths and Adults
by Joe Strechay on 11/18/2013
- Social Media: A Powerful Tool for Job Hunters and Career Climbers
by Detra Bannister on 11/6/2013
- Article Explores Employers' Wariness About Hiring Blind Jobseekers
by Joe Strechay on 11/4/2013
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 214 subjects
- Technology Talk - 146 subjects
- Work Life - 32 subjects