American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
New Webinar Series!
The "Moving to Learn Series: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments" is a great introduction to adapted PE from leading experts in the field.
AFB Awarded $275,000 to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
We are thrilled to announce a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to preserve and make available this extraordinary collection.
Comcast Donates $2 Million in Airtime to AFB
AFB's public service announcement is now airing on Comcast and NBC cable channels thanks to a generous donation from Comcast NBCUniversal.
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Subscribe to JVIB in Print
Print individual subscriptions, back by popular demand! Includes 6 print issues yearly, and all the benefits of an online Premium Subscription.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- Judy Scott Talks About Attending Big 12 Basketball Tournament
- AFB Awarded $275,000 Grant from NEH to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
- White House Conference on Aging
- American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Access Award Winners
- The American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Migel Medal Recipients
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- ALERT!—Historic Bill Breaks Down Braille Barriers for All!
by Rebecca Sheffield on 4/1/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Self-driving Bicycles Add to Transportation, Fitness, Independence for Blind Riders
by Crista Earl on 4/1/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Register Now for the International Family Conference!
by Susan LaVenture on 4/1/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Getting LinkedIn as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by David Ballmann on 4/1/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Don't Let Consumer Fraud Fool You
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/1/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Bloom Where You're Planted: How to Thrive and Grow in a Non-Ideal Job as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 3/31/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Reading and Writing Blind with My Buddy called JAWS
by Maribel Steel on 3/31/2015, posted on ""Visually Impaired: Now What?""
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 262 subjects
- Technology Talk - 220 subjects
- Work Life - 69 subjects