American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
"This has been my dream job from beginning to end."
Carl Augusto, AFB President & CEO, has announced his upcoming retirement after 25 years of service to AFB.
AFB Press is proud to celebrate the book release of Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments with a special 2-week Back-to-School event.
AccessWorld 2.0 is Here!
With the ability to search the entire AccessWorld Magazine archive and an enhanced table of contents, this (free) app's for you.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
New Webinar on Bioptic Driving
"Bioptic Driving for People with Low Vision" is aimed at service providers working with individuals with low vision who might be candidates for bioptic driving.
- Judy Scott, Long-Time Vision Loss Champion, to Retire from AFB
- CNIB August International Agency of the Month for VisionAware
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Back to School: Educational Priorities for Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 8/27/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Going to School with the Dinosaurs as a Visually Impaired Student
by Lynda Jones on 8/27/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Tips for Teaching Reading from Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments
by AFB Staff on 8/26/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- When Your Eyesight is Declining and You Need Help with Work and Daily Living Activities
by Shannon Carollo on 8/26/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- A New Stem Cell Immune Rejection Discovery Shows Promise for Treating Retinal Disease
by Maureen Duffy on 8/25/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Improving “School Confidence” in Your Child Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 8/25/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Lessons Learned in the School of Life by People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired: Part Two
by Maribel Steel on 8/25/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 283 subjects
- Technology Talk - 235 subjects
- Work Life - 83 subjects