American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Go Back to School with the ECC!
AFB Press launches a NEW book, ECC Essentials: Teaching the Expanded Core Curriculum to Students with Visual Impairments.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
AFB continues our summer recreation series with a look at swimming as a person who is blind or visually impaired.
Summer's Here: Time to Head to Camp!
We're highlighting our favorite recreational activities, along with great resources for making the most of the season.
- Share Your Communications Tech Story by August 11; Help Shape the FCC's Report to Congress!
- Leader and deafblind advocate Robert J. Smithdas has died
- AFB Offers New and Expanded Free Apps to Help People with Vision Loss
- AFB Announces 2014 Helen Keller Achievement Awardees
Join the Conversation
- Free Money Identifier for People Who Are Blind or Have Low Vision: How Do I Get One, and Why?
by Crista Earl on 8/13/2014
- Getting Into the Swim of Things as a Person Who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 8/7/2014
- Helen Keller's First Experience of the Ocean
by Helen Selsdon on 7/31/2014
- Let’s Paws to Reflect: Dog Guide Use in the Employment Process
by Shannon Carollo on 8/18/2014
- Travel Independently and Interdependently As a Professional Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 8/13/2014
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals on Working from Home or Self-Employment for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 8/11/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 235 subjects
- Technology Talk - 185 subjects
- Work Life - 55 subjects