American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Celebrate World Braille Day with 10 great resources (and a few to spare).
JVIB Special Issue
Articles on the expanded core curriculum, access to standardized testing, a longitudinal study on reading development, and more!
NEW! Cortical Visual Impairment Focus Series
A 5-part webinar series presented by Christine Roman-Lantzy now in the AFB eLearning Center!
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- Get A Free Currency Reader from the U.S. Department of Treasury
- Nearly $4 Million Awarded to Western Michigan University for Personnel Preparation
- New Vision Rehabilitation and Vocational Training Center is Coming to Maine
- January is Glaucoma Awareness Month
- Call for papers for the JVIB 2016 Special Issue on Aging
- Two mixed-model companies are restoring vision in developing countries
Join the Conversation
- Wise words from Helen Keller
by Helen Selsdon on 1/26/2015
- AFB’s Vice President Paul Schroeder's Visit to the Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
by Paul Schroeder on 1/22/2015
- Helen Keller: What would she say if she attended Davos today?
by Helen Selsdon on 1/21/2015
- Yes, it’s only January but Get Ready to Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act this July!
by Detra Bannister on 1/26/2015
- Counting Down to Graduation: January, Understanding Your Options
by Katy Lewis on 1/22/2015
- National Mentoring Month: Importance of Mentors for Those who are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Detra Bannister on 1/21/2015
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 249 subjects
- Technology Talk - 208 subjects
- Work Life - 62 subjects