American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Summer's Here: Time to Head to Camp!
We're highlighting our favorite recreational activities, along with great resources for making the most of the season.
AFB continues our summer recreation series with a look at swimming as a person who is blind or visually impaired.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
Get the AFB CareerConnect App for Free!
All of the AFB CareerConnect features you love are now available on the go with the new CareerConnect App.
- Share Your Communications Tech Story by August 11; Help Shape the FCC's Report to Congress!
- Leader and deafblind advocate Robert J. Smithdas has died
- AFB Offers New and Expanded Free Apps to Help People with Vision Loss
- AFB Announces 2014 Helen Keller Achievement Awardees
Join the Conversation
- Free Money Identifier for People Who Are Blind or Have Low Vision: How Do I Get One, and Why?
by Crista Earl on 8/13/2014
- Getting Into the Swim of Things as a Person Who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 8/7/2014
- Helen Keller's First Experience of the Ocean
by Helen Selsdon on 7/31/2014
- Let’s Paws to Reflect: Dog Guide Use in the Employment Process
by Shannon Carollo on 8/18/2014
- Travel Independently and Interdependently As a Professional Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 8/13/2014
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals on Working from Home or Self-Employment for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 8/11/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 235 subjects
- Technology Talk - 185 subjects
- Work Life - 55 subjects