American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
Netflix adds audio description on select titles, beginning with Marvel's Daredevil.
Attention, Daredevil Fans
Hear how AFB's Joe Strechay helped actor Charlie Cox prepare for his upcoming role.
New Webinar Series!
The "Moving to Learn Series: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments" is a great introduction to adapted PE from leading experts in the field.
AFB Awarded $275,000 to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
We are thrilled to announce a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to preserve and make available this extraordinary collection.
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- White House Conference on Aging
- American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Access Award Winners
- The American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Migel Medal Recipients
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapists Awareness Week Commemorates Anne Sullivan’s Birthday
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/17/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Blindness Brings Kindness
by Maribel Steel on 4/16/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- The Top Twelve from the 2015 AFB Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona
by Joe Strechay on 4/16/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Preparing for the 2015 White House Conference on Aging: Highlights of the Phoenix Conversation on Aging and Vision Loss
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/16/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Standing Ovation for Netflix on its Audio Description Announcement
by Joe Strechay on 4/15/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Sow Seeds to Harvest Employment: A Letter to Career-Seeking Individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 4/15/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- What to Do When Saying Thanks Seems Like Not Enough
by Mary Hiland on 4/15/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 264 subjects
- Technology Talk - 220 subjects
- Work Life - 72 subjects