American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Happy Birthday, Helen Keller!
Join us in celebrating not only Helen's birthday, but the launch of a major digitization project to make her preserve her legacy.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Attention, Web Developers!
AFB's free, HTML5 embedded player makes it easy for people with vision loss to play videos online.
- AFB Announces 2015 Helen Keller Achievement Award Honorees
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Where Are They Now, Jim Koval
by Katy Lewis on 6/29/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- What Helen Keller Means to Me
by Empish J. Thomas on 6/27/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Highlights From the Upcoming NAPVI Family Conference Program
by Susan LaVenture on 6/26/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Happy Birthday, Helen Keller! And Welcome to the Helen Keller Archival Collection Digitization Project
by Helen Selsdon on 6/26/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- When Your Technology Talks Back to You
by Lynda Jones on 6/26/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- New Research: The Argus II Retinal Prosthesis (Bionic Eye) Is Safe, Effective, and Improves Visual Function
by Maureen Duffy on 6/25/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Why You Need a Workplace Mentor...Visually Impaired or Not
by Shannon Carollo on 6/25/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 274 subjects
- Technology Talk - 227 subjects
- Work Life - 78 subjects