American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Attention, Web Developers!
AFB's free, HTML5 embedded player makes it easy for people with vision loss to play videos online.
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
- Alfred A. Rosenbloom, Pioneer in Optometry, Aging, Has Died
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- White House Conference on Aging
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Our Readers Want to Know: What is the Difference between an Ophthalmologist and an Optometrist?
by Maureen Duffy on 5/5/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- The Fun and Joy of Motherhood As A Visually Impaired Mom
by Lynda Jones on 5/5/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Lighthouse Works Seeks Individuals to Fill New Employment Positions
by Ashley Sodosky on 5/4/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- How to Say "No" at Work as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 5/1/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Seeing Colors With My Brain Versus My Eyes
by Maribel Steel on 5/1/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Think Less, Believe More
by Detra Bannister on 4/30/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Alexis Read Story: The Importance of Self-Advocacy
by Ashley Sodosky on 4/28/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 266 subjects
- Technology Talk - 221 subjects
- Work Life - 74 subjects