American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
New Webinar Series!
The "Moving to Learn Series: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments" is a great introduction to adapted PE from leading experts in the field.
AFB Awarded $275,000 to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
We are thrilled to announce a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to preserve and make available this extraordinary collection.
Comcast Donates $2 Million in Airtime to AFB
AFB's public service announcement is now airing on Comcast and NBC cable channels thanks to a generous donation from Comcast NBCUniversal.
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Subscribe to JVIB in Print
Print individual subscriptions, back by popular demand! Includes 6 print issues yearly, and all the benefits of an online Premium Subscription.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- Judy Scott Talks About Attending Big !2 Basketball Tournament
- AFB Awarded $275,000 Grant from NEH to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
- White House Conference on Aging
- Oraien E. Catledge, social worker and photographer, has died
- Cause of Age-related Macular Degeneration is Linked to Calcium Deposits
- L’OCCITANE en Provence Donates $100,000 to the American Foundation for the Blind
- American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Access Award Winners
- The American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Migel Medal Recipients
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Diversity and Inclusion - A Diverse Workforce That Includes Employees Who Are Blind Or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 3/26/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- I Finally Got an iPhone!
by Empish J. Thomas on 3/26/2015, posted on ""Visually Impaired: Now What?""
- Counting Down to Graduation: March, Furthering Your Education
by Katy Lewis on 3/26/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- National Reading Month: Reading with Visual Impairment, Part II
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/24/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Erik Weihenmayer: His Story as a Blind Adventurer
by Joe Strechay on 3/24/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- A Sense of Community
by Susan Harper on 3/23/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Attending the Big 12 Basketball Tournament March 2015
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/23/2015, posted on ""Visually Impaired: Now What?""
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 261 subjects
- Technology Talk - 219 subjects
- Work Life - 69 subjects