American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Attention, Web Developers!
AFB's free, HTML5 embedded player makes it easy for people with vision loss to play videos online.
19th Annual Helen Keller Achievement Awards
Join us Thursday, June 18th, for our stellar gala honoring Apple Inc., actor Charlie Cox, musician Ward Marston, and Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- AFB Announces 2015 Helen Keller Achievement Award Honorees
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
- Alfred A. Rosenbloom, Pioneer in Optometry, Aging, Has Died
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Monthly Favorite: May
by Ashley Sodosky on 5/29/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- My Anti–Aging Exercise Routine
by Mary Hiland on 5/28/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Tips for Working with an Employee, Employer, Coworker, or Client who is Blind or Visually Impaired and has Multiple Disabilities
by Shannon Carollo on 5/27/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- A New Protein Shows Promise for the Treatment and Perhaps Even Prevention of Diabetic Eye Disease
by Maureen Duffy on 5/27/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Finding the Funds to Attend the NAPVI Family Conference
by Susan LaVenture on 5/26/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Embracing who You Are as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 5/26/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Ways You Can Exercise If you are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Audrey Demmitt on 5/25/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 267 subjects
- Technology Talk - 225 subjects
- Work Life - 75 subjects