American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
New Webinar on Bioptic Driving
"Bioptic Driving for People with Low Vision" is aimed at service providers working with individuals with low vision who might be candidates for bioptic driving.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
- AFB Announces 2015 Helen Keller Achievement Award Honorees
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Five Summer Time Activities That Buy Parents of Preschool Children who are Blind or Visually Impaired a Few Minutes of Free Time
by Shannon Carollo on 7/7/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Summer Challenge: Take a Vacation
by Ashley Sodosky on 7/7/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Helen Keller in Paris: Tourism, Nostalgia and Memory
by Helen Selsdon on 7/7/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Choices We Make: Independence We Celebrate, Part One
by Maribel Steel on 7/7/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- New Retinitis Pigmentosa Research: Uncovering the Mechanism Underlying Photoreceptor Cell Death
by Maureen Duffy on 7/7/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Practice Good Eye Safety Around Fireworks This Fourth of July
by Empish J. Thomas on 7/4/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Traveling With a Child Who Is Visually Impaired: It's All About the Journey
by Susan Harper on 7/2/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 274 subjects
- Technology Talk - 227 subjects
- Work Life - 79 subjects