American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Comcast Donates $2 Million in Airtime to AFB
AFB's public service announcement is now airing on Comcast and NBC cable channels thanks to a generous donation from Comcast NBCUniversal.
L'OCCITANE en Provence Presents AFB with a $100,000 Donation
L'OCCITANE has generously donated $100,000 to AFB after a successful holiday gift promotion in stores and online.
NEW! Cortical Visual Impairment Focus Series
A 5-part webinar series presented by Christine Roman-Lantzy now in the AFB eLearning Center!
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Subscribe to JVIB in Print
Print individual subscriptions, back by popular demand! Includes 6 print issues yearly, and all the benefits of an online Premium Subscription.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- Cause of Age-related Macular Degeneration is Linked to Calcium Deposits
- L’OCCITANE en Provence Donates $100,000 to the American Foundation for the Blind
- American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Access Award Winners
- Get A Free Currency Reader from the U.S. Department of Treasury
- Nearly $4 Million Awarded to Western Michigan University for Personnel Preparation
- The American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Migel Medal Recipients
Join the Conversation
- February Is Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Month
by AFB Staff on 2/24/2015
- "Helen Keller In Her Story" Oscar Winner 1955
by Helen Selsdon on 2/20/2015
- Helen Keller: A Champion Among Presidents
by Helen Selsdon on 2/12/2015
- Pay Periods, Withholdings, and Deductions, Oh My! A Tool for Teaching Basic Tax Information to Teens with Visual Impairments
by Shannon Carollo on 2/25/2015
- When to Say “No” at Work as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 2/24/2015
- Counting Down to Graduation: February: Finding the Right Job, Part 2
by Katy Lewis on 2/19/2015
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 253 subjects
- Technology Talk - 209 subjects
- Work Life - 66 subjects