American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
New Webinar on Bioptic Driving
"Bioptic Driving for People with Low Vision" is aimed at service providers working with individuals with low vision who might be candidates for bioptic driving.
25 Years After the ADA: Blind Still Missing from the Workforce
We've made progress, but the struggle to gain access to the workplace is far from over.
Upcoming Conference on Vision Loss in Older Adults and Veterans
Interview with Dr. Gregory Goodrich, Chair of the Conference.
AccessWorld 2.0 is Here!
With the ability to search the entire AccessWorld Magazine archive and an enhanced table of contents, this (free) app's for you.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Think Like A Boss: What it takes to Promote in Your Career as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 8/4/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Volunteering with the CNIB
by Ashley Nemeth on 8/3/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- The White House Conference on Aging Issues and Initiatives: Part Three
by Maureen Duffy on 8/2/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Six Guidelines for Establishing an Effective, Healthy Mentorship
by Shannon Carollo on 7/30/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- The White House Conference on Aging Issues and Initiatives: Part Two
by Maureen Duffy on 7/30/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Helen Keller: An Artificial Eye
by Helen Selsdon on 7/29/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Ways to Make Monitoring Blood Sugar Easier, More Accurate, and Less Costly: Part 5 in a Series
by Maureen Duffy on 7/28/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 277 subjects
- Technology Talk - 231 subjects
- Work Life - 82 subjects