American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Kirk Adams Named New AFB President and CEO
The AFB Board of Trustees today named Kirk Adams, currently the president and CEO of The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc., in Seattle, as its next president and CEO after a nationwide search.
Free Ground Shipping!
When the groundhog crept out of her hole on Groundhog Day, she was delighted to discover that free ground shipping will be available in the AFB Store for the month of February.
AFB Is Here for You
The American Foundation for the Blind helps people with vision loss in every aspect of life—your education, your career, your family, the technology you use, and the laws that shape our environment.
Register Today for the 2016 AFB Leadership Conference
Toast our president and CEO, Carl Augusto, on his retirement, celebrate our 95th anniversary, and hear the best speakers on topics such as CVI, aging, and accessible tech!
Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day
Show your love with these accessible ideas for gifts, cards, jewelry, and more.
Continuing the Dream
Join us in saluting Carl Augusto for 25 years of outstanding leadership and service to the American Foundation for the Blind.
- Historic International Accord to Address the Global "Book Famine" Finally Sent to Senate
- February is Low Vision Awareness Month
- Survey of Older Workers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Philip "Phil" Hatlen, Creator of the Expanded Core Curriculum, Has Died
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- AFBLC 2016 Has a Valentine's Day Treat for You!
by Amanda Kolling on 2/11/2016, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Love, Belonging, and Commitment: Not Just for Your Valentine
by Polly Abbott, CVRT, OMS on 2/11/2016, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- National Senior Independence Month Part 2
by Audrey Demmitt on 2/11/2016, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Don’t Quit, Develop Grit: Acquiring a Trait Necessary for Career Success (Whether Blind, Visually Impaired, or Fully Sighted)
by Shannon Carollo on 2/10/2016, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- National Senior Independence Month Part 1
by Audrey Demmitt on 2/9/2016, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- During Black History Month: Learn about Two Pioneering African-American Educators in the Blindness Hall of Fame
by Maureen Duffy on 2/8/2016, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Seeking Success After “Failures” on the Job for Those Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 2/8/2016, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 300 subjects
- Technology Talk - 259 subjects
- Work Life - 92 subjects