American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
AFB Is Here for You
The American Foundation for the Blind helps people with vision loss in every aspect of life—your education, your career, your family, the technology you use, and the laws that shape our environment.
Give the Gift of a Brighter Future
Thanks to your generosity, we are creating a more inclusive, accessible world for children and adults with vision loss.
O&M for Independent Living
AFB Press is proud to release O&M for Independent Living: Strategies for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults, edited by Nora Griffin-Shirley and Laura Bozeman.
Making Life More Livable
New from AFB Press! The third edition of Making Life More Livable: Simple Adaptations for Living at Home After Vision Loss by Maureen Duffy.
Beginning with Braille
AFB Press is proud to announce the release of Beginning with Braille: Firsthand Experiences with a Balanced Approach to Literacy, by Anna M. Swenson.
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Commence the [Super Fun] Discussion: Who is Your Favorite Fictional Employee who is Blind or Visually Impaired?
by Shannon Carollo on 11/25/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Quality Eddie Time
by Emily Coleman on 11/25/2015, posted on "Raising a Child Who is Blind and..."
- Inspired by the Holidays: Encouraging Your Child who is Blind or Visually Impaired to Get Curious about Careers
by Shannon Carollo on 11/24/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- New Survey: Less than Half of United States Adults with Diabetes Understand Their Risk for Vision Loss
by Maureen Duffy on 11/24/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Surviving the Holidays and Vision Loss
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 11/24/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- On Thanksgiving, Enjoy This Newly Digitized Movie Clip of Helen Keller
by Helen Selsdon on 11/23/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Our Readers Want to Know: Managing Diabetes Medications
by Audrey Demmitt on 11/23/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 296 subjects
- Technology Talk - 246 subjects
- Work Life - 90 subjects