American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Thank You, Miracle Workers!
The American Foundation for the Blind thanks everyone who supported the Helen Keller Archives digitization challenge grant — we exceeded all expectations with your incredible support!
AFB Press is proud to announce the release of Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments.
New Support for the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act
Reps. Cartwright, McKinley champion comprehensive legislation to transform special education for students with sensory disabilities.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
- Scott Davert Talks About What's New in iOS 9
- Housing Development in the U.K. to Include Supported-Living Facilities for People with Vision Loss
- John Haight Maxson, Former Director of the American Association of Workers for the Blind, Has Died
- Judy Scott, Long-Time Vision Loss Champion, to Retire from AFB
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- High School Assistant Principal to Run 2015 NYC Marathon for AFB
by AFB Staff on 10/2/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
by Scott Truax on 10/1/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- I Found a Treasure: A Resource for Job Seekers and Employees who are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 10/1/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- The First Stem Cell Clinical Trial for Wet Macular Degeneration Is Underway in London
by Maureen Duffy on 9/30/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Seeking Family Members for a Focus Group Study on Unified English Braille eLearning Platform
by Scott Truax on 9/29/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Save the Helen Keller Archives: Day 7
by Helen Selsdon on 9/29/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Is Glaucoma a Genetic Disease? New and Innovative Genetic Research Shows Promise in the Treatment of Glaucoma
by Maureen Duffy on 9/28/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 287 subjects
- Technology Talk - 239 subjects
- Work Life - 86 subjects