American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Gift Ideas for Loved Ones with Vision Loss
Wondering what to get for friends and family members who are blind or visually impaired this holiday season? Look no further.
JVIB Special Issue
Articles on the expanded core curriculum, access to standardized testing, a longitudinal study on reading development, and more!
NEW! Cortical Visual Impairment Focus Series
A 5-part webinar series presented by Christine Roman-Lantzy now in the AFB eLearning Center!
In response to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, nonprofits have designated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving as a day to show generosity to good causes.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- Call for papers for the JVIB 2016 Special Issue on Aging
- Construction on the first beep baseball facility commences in Kentucky
- Two mixed-model companies are restoring vision in developing countries
- Video Featuring Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
- FDA grants Priority Review status for new drug for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- New PSA from the American Foundation for the Blind to Air in Honor of Blindness Awareness Month
Join the Conversation
- Gift Ideas for Friends and Family Members Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 11/24/2014
- Feedback From the Field: AFB Organizes Letter to the Institute for Education Sciences Advocating for Research in Blindness, Visual Impairment, and Deaf-blindness
by Rebecca Sheffield on 11/20/2014
- Comcast Announces New Talking Guide for Access to Television
by Crista Earl on 11/17/2014
- Attention, Employers—This Is Employment Discrimination: "Do you have a driver's license?"
by Joe Strechay on 11/17/2014
- Aaron Preece, Lessons From Employment Experience at the American Foundation for the Blind
by Katy Lewis on 11/13/2014
- Providing "Mad Props," Resources, And Thanks to Our Veterans on Veterans Day
by Joe Strechay on 11/11/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 245 subjects
- Technology Talk - 201 subjects
- Work Life - 59 subjects