American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Be a Champion
All children deserve to have a champion in their corner. Be that champion by supporting H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
The Need for Equal Access
Mark Richert, AFB's director of public policy, testifies before Congress on the importance of access to copyrighted works for those with vision loss.
Meet Our Newest AFB CareerConnect® Mentor!
Michael Peters is a competitive tournament-based fishing angler who uses adaptations for his low vision.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
- Vision Expo to Provide Waco-Area Residents Resources on Living Well with Vision Loss
- Christine Ha's Recap of the AFB 2014 Helen Keller Achievement Awards
Join the Conversation
- Helen Keller at the United Nations
by Helen Selsdon on 9/26/2014
- Happy National Guide Dog Month!
by AFB Staff on 9/25/2014
- An Interview with Michael Peters, Tournament-Based Fishing Angler
by AFB on 9/22/2014
- Bridges From School to Work — Philly Brings You Interview Tips for Teens with Disabilities
by Joe Strechay on 9/28/2014
- Interviewing Tips: WOW the Interviewer by Asking the Right Questions as a Candidate Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 9/23/2014
- Find Resources, Tips, and Updates Related to Blindness, Visual Impairment, and Employment in Our Newsletter
by Joe Strechay on 9/22/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 238 subjects
- Technology Talk - 193 subjects
- Work Life - 57 subjects