American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Attention, Daredevil Fans
Hear how AFB's Joe Strechay helped actor Charlie Cox prepare for his upcoming role.
- Alfred A. Rosenbloom, Pioneer in Optometry, Aging, Has Died
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- White House Conference on Aging
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- How to Say "No" at Work as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 5/1/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Seeing Colors
by Maribel Steel on 5/1/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Think Less, Believe More
by Detra Bannister on 4/30/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Alexis Read Story: The Importance of Self-Advocacy
by Ashley Sodosky on 4/28/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Maintaining Your Ocular Lenses Help Ensure Longevity and Enjoyment
by Empish J. Thomas on 4/28/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
- Back to the Basics: The Fundamental Reason You're Hired and How to Use it to Your Advantage
by Shannon Carollo on 4/27/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Sharing Our Goofs
by Lynda Jones on 4/27/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 265 subjects
- Technology Talk - 221 subjects
- Work Life - 72 subjects