American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Huge AFB Press Sale!
Join us March 4-6 for a big AFB Press online sale where you can save up to 75% on select titles for three days only!
A Gala Celebration!
Join us in celebrating individuals and organizations that have improved quality of life for all people with vision loss.
Make Your Voice Heard!
H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—is the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
Strengthen Specialized Services for People with Vision Loss
People with vision loss learn necessary and life-changing skills thanks to specialized services.
- AFB Names Recipient of its First-Ever Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- Anne Sullivan Macy Bill on Its Way! Historic Special Education Legislation
- Two athletes with visual impairments nominated to U.S. Paralympic Team
- Chief architect of the Individualized Education Program has died
- FDA Approves Vanda Drug for Non-24 Disorder
Join the Conversation
- Watching "Growing Up Fisher"
by Joe Strechay on 2/25/2014
- Getting Ready for the AFB Leadership Conference
by Scott Truax on 2/24/2014
- This Valentine’s Day, Send a Helen Keller eCard... and Other Gift Ideas for People with Vision Loss
by AFB Staff on 1/31/2014
- Basics Behind Maintaining Employment As an Individual Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 1/17/2014
- Happy New Year and Eleven Lesson Plans that could Help Students Save Some Cash
by Joe Strechay on 1/2/2014
- Determining Your Market Value, Know Your Current or Future Value
by Joe Strechay on 12/20/2013
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 224 subjects
- Technology Talk - 160 subjects
- Work Life - 41 subjects