American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
Netflix adds audio description on select titles, beginning with Marvel's Daredevil.
Attention, Daredevil Fans
Hear how AFB's Joe Strechay helped actor Charlie Cox prepare for his upcoming role.
New Webinar Series!
The "Moving to Learn Series: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments" is a great introduction to adapted PE from leading experts in the field.
AFB Awarded $275,000 to Digitize the Helen Keller Archives
We are thrilled to announce a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to preserve and make available this extraordinary collection.
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- White House Conference on Aging
- American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Access Award Winners
- The American Foundation for the Blind Announces 2015 Migel Medal Recipients
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Back to the Basics: The Fundamental Reason you're Hired and How to Use it to Your Advantage
by Shannon Carollo on 4/27/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Counting Down to Graduation: April, Getting a Job, Part 2
by Katy Lewis on 4/23/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- "I have great joy in the tulips...": A Helen Keller Quote in Honor of Earth Day
by Helen Selsdon on 4/22/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Spring Forward in Your Career: Career Advancement Tips for Employees who are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 4/22/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- A First Look at the Apple Watch and Its Accessibility
by Kelly Bleach on 4/21/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Gaining Volunteer Experience as a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired
by David Ballmann on 4/21/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Experiencing The Magic of Eye Makeup While Practicing Eye Safety
by Steph McCoy on 4/20/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 264 subjects
- Technology Talk - 220 subjects
- Work Life - 72 subjects