American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
A Gala Celebration!
Join us in celebrating individuals and organizations that have improved quality of life for all people with vision loss.
Essential Elements in Early Intervention
A new and complete guide for professionals working with young children with vision loss and other disabilities now available from AFB Press!
Make Your Voice Heard!
H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—is the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
Strengthen Specialized Services for People with Vision Loss
People with vision loss learn necessary and life-changing skills thanks to specialized services.
- AFB Names Recipient of its First-Ever Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- Anne Sullivan Macy Bill on Its Way! Historic Special Education Legislation
- Two athletes with visual impairments nominated to U.S. Paralympic Team
- Chief architect of the Individualized Education Program has died
- FDA Approves Vanda Drug for Non-24 Disorder
Join the Conversation
- My Top Eleven from the 2014 AFB Leadership Conference
by Joe Strechay on 3/13/2014
- Enjoying the Paralympics and Getting Outside for Winter Fun
by Tara Annis on 3/11/2014
- Watching "Growing Up Fisher"
by Joe Strechay on 2/25/2014
- Even Nursing Careers Can Be Adjusted to Vision Loss
by Detra Bannister on 3/13/2014
- AFB CareerConnect Is More Than a Website; It's a Resource for Success
by Joe Strechay on 3/11/2014
- Albert Rizzi, an Advocate and CEO, Who Flys High
by Joe Strechay on 3/10/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 225 subjects
- Technology Talk - 162 subjects
- Work Life - 41 subjects