American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
AFB PSA to Air on National TV This October
Public service announcement captures AFB's past and future breakthroughs.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
Be a Champion
All children deserve to have a champion in their corner. Be that champion by supporting H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
Meet Our Newest AFB CareerConnect® Mentor!
Michael Peters is a competitive tournament-based fishing angler who uses adaptations for his low vision.
The Need for Equal Access
Mark Richert, AFB's director of public policy, testifies before Congress on the importance of access to copyrighted works for those with vision loss.
- Video Featuring Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
- FDA grants Priority Review status for new drug for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- October 9 Was World Sight Day
- New PSA from the American Foundation for the Blind to Air in Honor of Blindness Awareness Month
- Presidential Proclamation: National Disability Employment Awareness Month, 2014
- Vision Expo to Provide Waco-Area Residents Resources on Living Well with Vision Loss
- Christine Ha's Recap of the AFB 2014 Helen Keller Achievement Awards
Join the Conversation
- Celebrating Disability Mentoring: Saying Thanks to Our CareerConnect® Mentors
by Detra Bannister on 10/16/2014
- Helen Keller: Nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize
by Helen Selsdon on 10/15/2014
- Celebrating White Cane Safety Day with People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 10/9/2014
- A Salute to Our CareerConnect Mentors: Disability Mentoring Day
by Joe Strechay on 10/15/2014
- Celebrating White Cane Safety Day as an Individual Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 10/14/2014
- Where Are They Now? Becka deHaan, Award Winning Recording Artist Who is Blind
by Katy Lewis on 10/8/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 238 subjects
- Technology Talk - 195 subjects
- Work Life - 57 subjects