American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Thank You, Miracle Workers!
The American Foundation for the Blind thanks everyone who supported the Helen Keller Archives digitization challenge grant — we exceeded all expectations with your incredible support!
AFB Press is proud to announce the release of Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments.
New Support for the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act
Reps. Cartwright, McKinley champion comprehensive legislation to transform special education for students with sensory disabilities.
New! The VisionConnect App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
- Scott Davert Talks About What's New in iOS 9
- Housing Development in the U.K. to Include Supported-Living Facilities for People with Vision Loss
- John Haight Maxson, Former Director of the American Association of Workers for the Blind, Has Died
- Judy Scott, Long-Time Vision Loss Champion, to Retire from AFB
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- It's What I Can Do at Work That Matters, Not My Disability or Blindness
by Joe Strechay on 10/12/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Forget the Major League Baseball Playoffs; It Is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)
by Joe Strechay on 10/9/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Five Great Reading Apps for Booklovers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/8/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Free Teen Tele-Support Group for High School Seniors
by Scott Truax on 10/7/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- Get Your Disability Disclosure On and Embrace Your Diversity
by Joe Strechay on 10/7/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Erik Weheinmayer Employment Interview
by Joe Strechay on 10/7/2015, posted on "FamilyConnect: A Parent's Voice"
- H.S. Junior Raises Funds and Awareness for AFB
by Vivienne Heston-Demirel on 10/7/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 287 subjects
- Technology Talk - 239 subjects
- Work Life - 86 subjects