American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
AFB PSA to Air on National TV This October
Public service announcement captures AFB's past and future breakthroughs.
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
Watch the new video honoring National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
NEW! Cortical Visual Impairment Focus Series
A 5-part webinar series presented by Christine Roman-Lantzy now in the AFB eLearning Center!
Meet Our Newest AFB CareerConnect® Mentor!
Michael Peters is a competitive tournament-based fishing angler who uses adaptations for his low vision.
The Need for Equal Access
Mark Richert, AFB's director of public policy, testifies before Congress on the importance of access to copyrighted works for those with vision loss.
- Video Featuring Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
- FDA grants Priority Review status for new drug for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- New PSA from the American Foundation for the Blind to Air in Honor of Blindness Awareness Month
- Presidential Proclamation: National Disability Employment Awareness Month, 2014
- Vision Expo to Provide Waco-Area Residents Resources on Living Well with Vision Loss
- Christine Ha's Recap of the AFB 2014 Helen Keller Achievement Awards
Join the Conversation
- Happy Halloween! Tips and Articles from the American Foundation for the Blind
by AFB Staff on 10/28/2014
- Recent Poll: Disability Issues Could Have a Major Impact in the 2014 Elections!
by Rebecca Sheffield on 10/23/2014
- It's National Disability Employment Awareness Month: Expect. Employ. Empower.
by Joe Strechay on 10/21/2014
- AFB CareerConnect® Launches a Halloween Treat: Using AccessWorld® Magazine As a Transition Tool
by Joe Strechay on 10/29/2014
- Getting Empowered with My Top 12 Job Search Tips As an Individual Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 10/28/2014
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month Theme: Employ
by Katy Lewis on 10/21/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 240 subjects
- Technology Talk - 197 subjects
- Work Life - 58 subjects