American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Go Back to School with the ECC!
AFB Press launches a NEW book, ECC Essentials: Teaching the Expanded Core Curriculum to Students with Visual Impairments.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
AFB continues our summer recreation series with a look at swimming as a person who is blind or visually impaired.
Summer's Here: Time to Head to Camp!
We're highlighting our favorite recreational activities, along with great resources for making the most of the season.
- Seminars@Hadley Presents: Blogging: 10 Tips to Get You Started
- Leader and deafblind advocate Robert J. Smithdas has died
Join the Conversation
- Helen Keller's Love of Reading
by Helen Selsdon on 8/27/2014
- Let's Play Beep Baseball!
by AFB Staff on 8/27/2014
- Take a Hike! Enjoying Hiking After Vision Loss
by AFB Staff on 8/22/2014
- Finding Volunteer Positions As an Individual Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 9/2/2014
- Do Your Coworkers a Favor: Avoid These 6 Common Workplace Annoyances; This Is Not a Blind Thing!
by Shannon Carollo on 8/27/2014
- 8 Work-Related Benefits of Volunteering for Job Seekers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 8/25/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 235 subjects
- Technology Talk - 187 subjects
- Work Life - 56 subjects