American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Vision and the Brain
AFB Press is proud to announce a unique, comprehensive sourcebook on cerebral visual impairment, also known as cortical visual impairment, which has become the most common cause of visual impairment in children in the United States and the developed world.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Attention, Web Developers!
AFB's free, HTML5 embedded player makes it easy for people with vision loss to play videos online.
19th Annual Helen Keller Achievement Awards
Join us Thursday, June 18th, for our stellar gala honoring Apple Inc., actor Charlie Cox, musician Ward Marston, and Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- AFB Announces 2015 Helen Keller Achievement Award Honorees
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- AFB Accessible Video Player Now Available As a Free Download
- Alfred A. Rosenbloom, Pioneer in Optometry, Aging, Has Died
- The American Foundation for the Blind Names Russell Shaffer the Recipient of the 2015 Stephen Garff Marriott Award
- White House Conference on Aging
Join the Conversation
On Our Blogs
- Make Physical Activity and Fitness a Way of Life
by Audrey Demmitt on 5/22/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- Helen Keller Sees Flowers and Hears Music
by Helen Selsdon on 5/21/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- Attending Professional Conferences: How It Can Boost Your Career
by Shannon Carollo on 5/21/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Coping with Life Changes as We Grow Older
by Linda Fugate on 5/21/2015, posted on "Visually Impaired: Now What?"
- 10 Accessibility Resources in Honor of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (#GAAD)
by AFB Staff on 5/20/2015, posted on "AFB Blog"
- New Blog Series: Monthly Favorite
by Ashley Sodosky on 5/20/2015, posted on "CareerConnect Blog"
- Optogenetics: Can This Innovative Gene Therapy Treat Degenerative Retinal Disease and Possibly Restore Sight?
by Maureen Duffy on 5/19/2015, posted on "VisionAware Blog"
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 266 subjects
- Technology Talk - 225 subjects
- Work Life - 75 subjects