American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Register today for AFB's 2015 Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona!
The American Foundation for the Blind and Arizona AER invite you to the jointly hosted 2015 Leadership Conference: Rising to the Challenge.
Gift Ideas for Loved Ones with Vision Loss
Wondering what to get for friends and family members who are blind or visually impaired this holiday season? Look no further.
A Gift for You and a Gift for Us!
Our friends at L’OCCITANE en Provence will contribute $5 to AFB for each purchase of select gift sets purchased in stores or online this month. These luxurious beauty products and fragrances are sure to please everyone on your gift list!
JVIB Special Issue
Articles on the expanded core curriculum, access to standardized testing, a longitudinal study on reading development, and more!
NEW! Cortical Visual Impairment Focus Series
A 5-part webinar series presented by Christine Roman-Lantzy now in the AFB eLearning Center!
Learn About Our Impact
Each day, we strive to create a world where people with vision loss have equal access and opportunities to excel at school, at work, and in their communities.
- Call for papers for the JVIB 2016 Special Issue on Aging
- Two mixed-model companies are restoring vision in developing countries
- Video Featuring Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
- FDA grants Priority Review status for new drug for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- New PSA from the American Foundation for the Blind to Air in Honor of Blindness Awareness Month
Join the Conversation
- Helen Keller: A Consummate Fundraiser
by Helen Selsdon on 12/15/2014
- Fitbit and Up24: Are These Health-Tracking Devices Accessible to Exercisers Who Are Blind?
by Crista Earl on 12/4/2014
- Gift Ideas for Friends and Family Members Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 11/24/2014
- The Sixth Day of AFB CareerConnect: 6 Ways to Relieve or Manage Work-Related Stress as a Worker Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 12/17/2014
- The Seventh Day of AFB CareerConnect: 7 Ways to Get Organized as a Worker Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 12/16/2014
- The Eighth Day of AFB CareerConnect: 8 Thoughts and Considerations on Job Accommodations For Workers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Joe Strechay on 12/15/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 247 subjects
- Technology Talk - 203 subjects
- Work Life - 60 subjects