American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Go Back to School with the ECC!
AFB Press launches a NEW book, ECC Essentials: Teaching the Expanded Core Curriculum to Students with Visual Impairments.
Need Help with the Back-to-School Transition?
Head to AFB's FamilyConnect site for great resources to ease the transition for your little ones.
Making Breakthroughs in Access for People with Visual Impairments or Know Someone Who Is?
There's still time to submit nominations for a 2015 Access Award!
The Need for Equal Access
Mark Richert, AFB's director of public policy, testifies before Congress on the importance of access to copyrighted works for those with vision loss.
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
Join the Conversation
- Helen Keller: Our Planet Earth
by Helen Selsdon on 9/19/2014
- The Need for Access: AFB Testimony on Intellectual Property Law
by Mark Richert on 9/19/2014
- Privacy, Courtesy, Efficiency: Break out the Headphones!
by Crista Earl on 9/11/2014
- The 10th Annual Samuel N. Hecsh Window on the Working World of Law Feature Story: Jack Chen, Google Patent Attorney & Legally Blind
by Detra Bannister on 9/12/2014
- Interviewing Tips: The Best Response to "What is Your Greatest Weakness?" for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 9/11/2014
- The Secrets to Turning Your Volunteer Job into Paid Work for Job Seekers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 9/8/2014
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 238 subjects
- Technology Talk - 190 subjects
- Work Life - 57 subjects