American Foundation for the Blind - Home Page
Slide Show of Featured Items
Described TV Listings Now Available
AFB has implemented a Described TV Listings page, an online guide where visitors can determine which shows will be described as well as when they air.
Connect with Families
Get strategies and support for parenting kids who are blind or visually impaired, from infancy to the teen years.
You Can Help
AFB is helping children with vision loss achieve their full potential. Your donation today will help make that a reality.
Find the Right Job
Career tips and guidance for visually impaired job seekers.
The Resources You Need
Comprehensive training tools for professionals in the vision loss field.
- AFB Announces New, Enhanced eLearning Center for Vision Loss Professionals
- Reminder to check out the new American Foundation for the Blind App that Helps People with Vision Loss Easily Take Notes on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®
- Fun for You and $5 for VisionAware!
Join the Conversation
Comment on AFB's Blogs
- On Charlotte Brown and Other Young Athletes With Vision Loss
by Joe Strechay on 5/16/2013
- Helen Keller's Words: 80 Years Later… Still as Powerful
by Helen Selsdon on 5/9/2013
- Mark Your Calendar: M-Enabling Summit on Accessible Mobile Technology
by Lee Huffman on 5/8/2013
Share Your Story
- General Questions About Blindness - 172 subjects
- Technology Talk - 104 subjects
- Work Life - 24 subjects