Access Alaska - AFB Directory Profile
1217 East 10th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 248-4777 (Local)
(907) 248-0639 (Fax)
(800) 770-4488 (Toll-Free)
(907) 248-8799 (TDD/TTY)
Access Alaska is a private, non-profit, consumer-controlled organization that provides independent living services to people who experience a disability.
Doug White, Executive Director, (907) 248-4777
Services for Adults
- Advocacy efforts are initiated to respond to proposed legislative changes and/or the need for increased funding and services to improve the lives of people with disabilities.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers independent living skills training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information about disability and senior-related services including housing, employment, personal care, benefits, transportation, legal rights, education, emergency shelter, health care, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision services.
- Support Groups
- Provides space and staff to facilitate, encourage and support peer counseling groups for visually impaired persons.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.