ADEC, Inc. - AFB Directory Profile
19670 State Road 120
P.O. Box 398
Bristol, IN 46507-0398
(574) 848-7451 2424 (Local)
(574) 848-5917 (Fax)
(877) 342-8954 7744 (Toll-Free)
ADEC's visual impairment department offers rehabilitation training services for people who have visual impairments or total vision loss. Services are provided in the person's home and include evaluations, orientation and mobility, daily living activities and low vision training.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 250
Number of staff: 2
Staff description: All teaching staff have masters degrees in Blind Rehabilitation Teaching and have worked with this agency over 20 years.
Geographic area served: Itinerant senior services for Elkhart, Kosciusko, Marshall, Laporte, St. Joseph Counties.
Donna Belusar, CEO, email@example.com
Rick Thompson, Vice President, Employment & Family Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assist clients in securing services and adaptive devices necessary to maintain and/or increase their independence.
- Offers evaluation of rehabilitative needs.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living, diabetic management, adaptive kitchen skills. Provides itinerant senior services for blind or visually impaired persons over 55. Provides training in skills of daily living for older adults.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to community resources for blind and visually impaired for other services.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Offer free evaluations to any child, birth to three years old, who are at risk for development delays.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides preventative, educational and supportive services to children ages birth to three years and their families. Provides in-home developmental intervention for infants and their families.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to other organizations serving blind and visually impaired persons.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training in rehabilitation services within hospitals, nursing homes.