Alaska Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program - AFB Directory Profile
Alaska Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program
Department of Health and Social Services
Division of Senior and Disabilities Services
751 Old Richardson Highway, Suite 100A
Fairbanks, AK 99701
(907) 451-5041 (Local)
(800) 770-1672 (Toll-Free)
The Alaska state Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program funds a statewide itinerant consulting program for blind and visually impaired children, under the age of three, and their families. Current grantee information is available at www.hss.state.ak.us/dph/mcfh/
Geographic area served: Alaska.
Maureen Harwood, Early Intervention Manager/Part C Coordinator, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Alaska's early intervention system as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Funds an itinerant consulting program for blind and visually impaired children, birth-3 years, and their families.
- Support for Parents
- Works with local early intervention programs to develop appropriate Individualized Family Service Plans.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to early intervention providers. Monitors program to assure compliance with state and federal regulations and standards.
- Professional Training
- Provides training and consultation to local providers and families.