Alaska Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program - AFB Directory Profile
Alaska Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program
Department of Health and Social Services
323 East 4th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 269-8442 (Local)
(907) 269-3497 (Fax)
(877) 477-3659 (Toll-Free)
The Alaska state Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program funds a statewide itinerant consulting program for blind and visually impaired children, under the age of three, and their families. Current grantee information is available at www.hss.state.ak.us/dph/mcfh/
Geographic area served: Alaska.
Laurie Thomas, Part C Early Intervention Coordinator, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Alaska's early intervention system as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Funds an itinerant consulting program for blind and visually impaired children, birth-3 years, and their families.
- Support for Parents
- Works with local early intervention programs to develop appropriate Individualized Family Service Plans.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to early intervention providers. Monitors program to assure compliance with state and federal regulations and standards.
- Professional Training
- Provides training and consultation to local providers and families.