Arkansas Department of Education: Special Education Department - AFB Directory Profile
Arkansas Department of Education: Special Education Department
1401 West Capitol
Little Rock, AR 72201
(501) 682-4221 (Local)
(501) 682-4313 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Arkansas.
Martha Kay Asti, Associate Director, Special Education Services, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Provides family support services and consultation.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and training in the use of adaptive equipment.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides home intervention.
- Education Services
- Provides statewide educational services for visually impaired students in Arkansas.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Offers 4-week summer program for public school students on Arkansas School for the Blind campus.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to local school districts.