Assistive Technology Advocacy Center - AFB Directory Profile
Assistive Technology Advocacy Center
Disability Rights New Jersey
210 South Broad Street, 3rd Floor
Trenton, NJ 08608
(609) 292-9742 (Local)
(609) 777-0187 (Fax)
(800) 922-7233 (Toll-Free)
(609) 633-7106 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Number of staff: 38
Geographic area served: New Jersey
Curtis Edmonds, Project Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Provides advocacy services and legal representation for individuals with disabilities who are denied access to assistive technology devices and/or assistive technology services.
- Assistive Products
- Provides an alternative source for assistive technology devices and acts as a clearinghouse for items that are for sale (usually at a minimal cost) or offered for donation or loan.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of assistive technology.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on the types of assistive technology devices and assistive technology services, where to obtain them, and how much they cost.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers educational programs describing the benefits of assistive technology devices and assistive technology services, and suggesting strategies for obtaining assistive technology. These educational programs are offered to consumer groups, professional organizations, agencies, employers, and any other group interested.