BALANCE for Blind Adults - AFB Directory Profile
BALANCE for Blind Adults
2340 Dundas St. West
Toronto, ON M6P 4A9
(416) 236-1796 0 (Local)
(416) 236-4280 (Fax)
BALANCE has several core services that make us unique and enable clients to live fulfilling, independent lives. These services include: assistive technology training; community access facilitation; independent living skills; orientation and mobility; and, wellness courses. Instruction is provided both one-on-one and in a group setting.
Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday: 9:30-5:30 p.m.
Clients served on average per year: 150
Number of staff: 9 full time, 1 part time contract, 2 Independent contractors
Staff description: 3.3 access technology instructors, 3 O&M instructors, 1 Community Access Facilitator, 1 office/intake coordinator, 1 executive director
Geographic area served: City of Toronto
Sue Archibald, Executive Director
Doug Pourier, Program Coordinator
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Provides support to participants to use community services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills, community access and awareness, orientation and mobility and access technology.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for educational courses, recreational activities, and employment.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.