Balance for Blind Adults - AFB Directory Profile
Balance for Blind Adults
4920 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M9A 1B7
(416) 236-1796 24 (Local)
(416) 236-4280 (Fax)
Hours of operation: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: approximately 60
Number of staff: 9 full time staff
Staff description: 2 O&M instructors, 1 DLS instructor, 1 access technology instructor, 2 community access instructors, 1 programme coordinator, 1 secretary reader, 1 executive director.
Geographic area served: Metropolitan Toronto.
Sue Archibald, Executive Director
Doug Pourier, Program Coordinator
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Provides support to participants to use community services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills, community access and awareness, orientation and mobility and access technology.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for educational courses, recreational activities, and employment.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.