California Early Start Program - AFB Directory Profile
California Early Start Program
California Department of Developmental Services
1600 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 654-1690 (Local)
(916) 654-2054 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: Over 42,000 infants and toddlers
Geographic area served: California.
Publications: California Early Start Central Directory of Early Intervention Resources, California Early Start Annual Report, Starting Out Together: An Early Intervention Guide for Families, Family Resource Centers and Networks brochure, Parents' Rights: An Early Start Guide for Parents
Sharon DeRego, Manager/Part C Coordinator, email@example.com
Jim Knight, Assistant Deputy Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Assesses infants and toddlers in 5 developmental areas: communication, cognitive, physical including hearing and vision, adaptive, social/emotional.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for California's early intervention service system as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Administers interagency system for infants and toddlers with disabilities, birth to age 3, in conjunction with the California Department of Education.
- Information and Referral
- Early Start Central Directory of Early Intervention Resources is a comprehensive resource for parents, family members, service providers, and members of the public that provides information on the early intervention resources available in California by county.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up.