California Transcribers and Educators for the Blind and Visually Impaired - AFB Directory Profile
California Transcribers and Educators for the Blind and Visually Impaired
741 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029-3594
(323) 666-2211 (Local)
CTEBVI's mission is to promote excellence and professionalism in braille transcribing for and educating of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
Its membership is composed of:
- Transcribers, both volunteer and professional
- Educators, including resource teachers and itinerant teachers
- Orientation & Mobility Specialists
- Rehabilitation counselors and counselor-teachers
- Administrators, both school and agency
- Parents of visually impaired children
- Students, both those learning to work with persons who are visually impaired and those who are visually impaired themselves
- Many other advocates for the special needs of individuals living with blindness and visual impairment
Geographic area served: Members primarily reside in California, but we have many members from other US states and from outside the US as well.
Publications: CTEBVI JOURNAL
Tracy Gaines, President, email@example.com
Cristin Lockwood, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Reilly, Treasurer, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Financial Assistance
- Offers scholarship for basic or advanced training courses for educators and funding for CTEBVI enhancements for transcribers. Offers the Donna Coffee Memorial Scholarship.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Disseminates news for transcribers and educators, highlights new developments in their fields, and offers informative articles by specialists in the many areas of transcribing and the education of students with visual impairments.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Holds an annual conference and special workshops.
- Professional Training
- Offers scholarship for basic or advanced training courses for educators and funding for CTEBVI enhancements for transcribers.