Canadian Council of the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Canadian Council of the Blind
20 James Street, Suite 100
Ottawa, ON K2P 0T6
(613) 567-0311 (Local)
(613) 567-2728 (Fax)
(877) 304-0968 (Toll-Free)
Representatives available in provinces of British Columbia/Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland/Labrador. All may be contacted via central office at (613)567-0311 or (877) 304-0968.
Hours of operation: 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Canada.
Publications: In-house national and divisional newsletters. CCB National OutLook Magazine.
Louis Gilles, President
Services for Adults
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Newsletters and various requested materials.
- Offers family and peer counseling and community integration support for seniors.
- Information and Referral
- Provides nationwide information and referral concerning blindness/visual impairment.
- Recreation Services
- Offers crafts, music, sports, annual national/regional/divisional bowling, and cribbage tournaments.
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Participates in publication of a Canadian national registry for early childhood (birth to age 5) visual impairment.