Catholic Charities Services for Visually Impaired Persons - AFB Directory Profile
Catholic Charities Services for Visually Impaired Persons
147 Schleigel Boulevard
Amityville, NY 11701
(631) 789-5215 (Local)
(631) 789-3844 (Fax)
(631) 789-5219 (TDD/TTY)
Catholic Charities also provides food, housing, mental health, disabilities, chemical dependency, geriatric, disaster response, and HIV/AIDS services.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Visually Impaired Persons Center
Lynbrook, NY 11563
Kathleen McEntee, Program Coordinator, McEntee.Kathleen@catholiccharities.cc
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Sends intake person to speak at service centers about program in an effort to reach the elderly who are blind or legally blind.
- Offers individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling and referral to community services and other counseling/social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management and home management skills, remedial education, and sensory training in client's home and community. Refers for other rehabilitation services.
- Information and Referral
- Referral resources available to individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- Recreation Services
- Offers specialization program for the blind and visually impaired.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.