Center for Vision Rehabilitation - AFB Directory Profile
Center for Vision Rehabilitation
Allegheny General Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
(412) 359-6300 (Local)
(412) 359-6768 (Fax)
(800) 637-3762 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Tues. and Thurs. 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Sat. 9:00 AM-3:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Western Pennsylvania, Ohio.
Publications: Believing Is Seeing (book), pamphlets.
Paul Freeman, Director, Low Vision Services, Optometry, email@example.com
Michelle Gernat, Office Manager/Therapist
Services for Adults
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living skills, home and work management, and in the use of low vision devices (optical and non-optical).
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultative support to local school systems, teachers of visually impaired, rehabilitation institutes, and schools for blind children.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training and workshops on low vision, vision therapy, low vision devices.