Cherry Creek School District - AFB Directory Profile
Cherry Creek School District
4700 S. Yosemite Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80011
(720) 747-2918 (Local)
(720) 747-2988 (Fax)
Staff description: 4 certified teachers of visually impaired serving 0-21 population.
Geographic area served: Cherry Creek School district.
Carol Berry, Teacher of Visually Impaired, Orientation and Mobility, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Galgano, Teacher of Visually Impaired and Orientation and Mobility, email@example.com
Karen Jamison, Teacher of Visually impaired, Orientation and Mobility, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Potashnick, Certified Braille Transcriber, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Offers functional vision assessments, asisstive daily living skills, and O&M assessments.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides literacy plans and braille instruction. Assists with adaptation of instructional materials, procurement of special equipment, aids and modified textbooks/standardized tests.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides itinerant support for children in district preschool programs and home support for families.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides assistive technology evaluations and training.
- Provides counseling and a variety of support and related services to parents.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides daily living skill assessments and instruction.
- Education Services
- Vision Service Providers (VSP's) provide special education services to students with visual impairments, ages 3-21, as addressed under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). These services include direct instruction as well as consultation. Students with visual impairments may also be eligible for orientation and mobility training by an Orientation and Mobility Specialist (OMS).
- Low Vision Services
- Provides instruction in the use of low vision aids.
- Support for Parents
- Support given to all parents of visually impaired students.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility assessment and training.