CNIB: New Brunswick Division - AFB Directory Profile
CNIB: New Brunswick Division
77 Westmorland Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 6Z3
(506) 458-0060 (Local)
(506) 458-9219 (Fax)
(800) 563-2642 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: New Brunswick.
Publications: Vision (newsmagazine), Insight (e-newsletter).
Duncan Williams, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assesses clients for vocational, rehabilitative, English language, mobility training needs.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational and other materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides deaf-blind outreach services.
- Counseling services available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides vocational rehabilitation, sight enhancement, and training in the use of assistive technology.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers employment counseling, career development, referral to on-the-job training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services.
- Library Services
- Provides library services for Canadians living with vision loss.
- Reading Services
- Local or other newspapers (home-based service manned by volunteers).
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers a variety of courses including Grade 1 and Grade 2 Literary Braille. Offers a summer reading program for children, and in conjunction with the Canadian Braille Literacy Foundation, organizes an annual Braille Creative Writing and Accuracy Competition for children.
- Education Services
- College and university preparatory training provided to students living with vision loss. CNIB Library transcribes educational textbooks into braille and audio formats.
- Support for Parents
- Offers information and support to parents. Support provided to professionals in the community who assist parents of children with vision loss.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Available to professionals working with individuals living with vision loss.