CNIB: Newfoundland and Labrador Division - AFB Directory Profile
CNIB: Newfoundland and Labrador Division
70 The Boulevard
St. John's, NL A1A 1K2
(709) 754-1180 (Local)
(709) 754-2018 (Fax)
(800) 563-2642 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Newfoundland and Labrador.
Publications: Vision (newsmagazine), Insight e-newsletter
1A O'Neill Avenue
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL A2A 2J8
57 Humber Road
Corner Brook, NL A2H 1E7
Len Baker, Executive Director, Newfoundland and Labrador Division, (709) 754-1180 221, Len.Baker@cnib.ca
Sheila Clancey, Executive Assistant, (709) 754-1180 202, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Hatch, Manager, Client & Volunteer Services, (709) 754-1180 216, email@example.com
Debbie Ryan, Community & Corporate Development Officer, (709) 754-1180 238, firstname.lastname@example.org
Corrine Schumph, Manager, Fund Development, (709) 754-1180 230, email@example.com
Tilly Vatcher, Director of Fund Development, (709) 754-1180 224, firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa Whiffen, Manager, Accounting & Computer Services, (709) 754-1180 229, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assesses clients for vocational, rehabilitative, English language, mobility training needs.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational and other materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides deaf-blind outreach services.
- Counseling services available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in sight enhancement, use of assistive technology, vocational rehabilitation.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers employment counseling, career development, referral to on-the-job training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services.
- Library Services
- Provides library services for Canadians living with vision loss.
- Reading Services
- Provides volunteers for home-based reading services of local or other newspapers.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers a variety of courses including Grade 1 and Grade 2 Literary Braille. Offers a summer reading program for children, and in conjunction with the Canadian Braille Literacy Foundation, organizes an annual Braille Creative Writing and Accuracy Competition for children.
- Education Services
- College and university preparatory training provided to students with vision loss. CNIB Library transcribes educational textbooks into braille and audio formats.
- Support for Parents
- Offers information and support to parents. Support provided to professionals in the community who assist parents of children with vision loss.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Available to professionals working with individuals with vision loss.