Community Center for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Community Center for the Blind
130 West Flora Street
Stockton, CA 95202
(209) 466-3836 (Local)
(209) 466-5692 (Fax)
CCBVI is the only blind center between Sacramento and Fresno. Services are provided to residents of San Joaquin County and the surrounding area at no charge.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 150
Number of staff: 16
Staff description: 8 full-time, 8 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: San Joaquin County and surrounding areas.
Robert Anderson, Executive Director, (209) 466-3836, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joni Bauer, O&M Specialist, email@example.com
Hy Cohen, Adaptive Computer and Braille Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph Morales, Adaptive Computer Instructor, email@example.com
Laurie Pattingale, Daily Living Skills Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joga Singh, Adaptive Computer Instructor, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Distributes magnifiers and assistive devices.
- Provides social evaluation, individual, family, and couple counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills, braille, orientation and mobility
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides training in job-seeking skills.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral and case management services.
- Library Services
- Maintains a library of talking books and large-print books.
- Reading Services
- Offers newspaper reading services by telephone.
- Recreation Services
- Offers socialization, arts and crafts, weaving, ceramics, bowling, beep baseball.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides training in orientation and mobility.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers instruction in braille grades I and II.