Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind
4306 Capitol Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
(214) 821-2375 (Local)
The Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides training, employment, and rehabilitative services that encourage opportunities for personal responsibility, economic independence, and social development for North Texans who are blind or visually impaired.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 7:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Primarily Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Kaufman, Navarro and Rockwall Counties.
Greg Bogard, Cheif Financial Officer, (214) 420-9414, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blake Lindsey, manager of Communications, (214) 420-9419, email@example.com
Maria MacMullin, Vice-President of Development, (214) 420-6574, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh McElroy, chief Executive Officer, (214) 420-9403, email@example.com
Cindy Watson, vice-President of Services, (214) 420-9428, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides extended rehabilitation training, employment readiness training, personal/social adjustment training, Kurzweil Reader Instruction, school-to-work transition training. Provides training in independent living for seniors.
- Information and Referral
- Offers information and referral services for seniors.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.