DC Center for Independent Living - AFB Directory Profile
DC Center for Independent Living
1400 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 388-0033 (Local)
(202) 398-3018 (Fax)
(202) 388-0277 (TDD/TTY)
We are a Center for Independent Living serving all people with disabilities in our Main Office and Satellite Office; The Older Individuals Who Are Blind Program serves people who are 55 years or older and legally blind.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm
Staff description: 2-Independent Living specialist; 1-Rehabilitation Teacher; 1-O&M Specialist 1-Program Coordinator 2-Volunteers
Geographic area served: Washington, DC
2443 Good Hope Road
Washington, DC 20020
Richard Simms, Executive Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Seeks out persons who are 55 years or more of age and who are blind to provide services that promote independence in their community.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in independent living skills.
- Information and Referral
- Helps people to obtain funding for assistive technology aids and devices that foster greater independence.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Services for Seniors
- Older Individuals Who Are Blind program (OIB): Since 1194, DCCIL has provided independent living services to persons 55 and older who are blind and visually impaired. The program offers low vision, outreach, O&M and other services to assist our seniors in being independent.
- Support Groups
- Offers peer counseling.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.