Department of Education Student Support Services - AFB Directory Profile
Department of Education Student Support Services
PO Box 8700
St. John's, NL A1B 4J6
(709) 729-0709 (Local)
(709) 729-2096 (Fax)
Maintains ten regional board offices.
Hours of operation: School year.
Staff description: 1 consultant for students who are blind/visually impaired placed within the Department of Education, 14 additional itinerant teachers placed in 10 provincial school districts.
Geographic area served: Newfoundland and Labrador.
Publications: Programming for Individual Needs: Teaching Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired, Using Technology to Enhance Student's Differing Abilities, Programming for Individual Needs: Physical Disabilities.
Darlene Fewer-Jackson, Deaf and Hard of Hearing; Blind-Visually Impaired, email@example.com
Bernie Ottenheimer, Director, BernieOttenheimer@gov.nl.ca
Services for Children
- Provides assessments for preschool and school-age students with special needs in conjunction with school district personnel.
- Education Services
- Monitors provision of educational services to children and youths with disabilities in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information about visual impairment and/or referral to Atlantic Provinces Resource Center for the Visually Impaired.
- Preschool Programs
- Services are offered in child's home.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Consultation and technical assistance/information available to school district personnel.
- Professional Training
- In-service training offered within the school districts.