District of Columbia Department of Human Services: Rehabilitation Services Administration - AFB Directory Profile
District of Columbia Department of Human Services: Rehabilitation Services Administration
1125 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
(202) 730-1700 (Local)
(202) 730-1843 (Fax)
Hours of operation: 8:15 AM-4:45 PM
Clients served on average per year: 10,400
Geographic area served: Washington, D.C.
Linda Nuss, Director, Department on Disability Services, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Provides assessment of vocational abilities.
- Offers counseling and guidance, particularly for vocational possibilities.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides assistance in job search and placement, job retention, vocational training. Works with communities, businesses and organizations in their efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities and afford them opportunities for integrated employment in the mainstream of society.
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Helps youths 14-22, under the "D.C. Transition Initiatives" program, move from high school to postsecondary education.