District of Columbia Office on Aging - AFB Directory Profile
District of Columbia Office on Aging
500 K Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 724-5622 (Local)
(202) 724-4979 (Fax)
(202) 724-8925 (TDD/TTY)
DCOA is committed to serving our elderly.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:15 AM-4:45 PM.
Geographic area served: Washington, DC.
Publications: Senior Yellow Pages, Senior Service Network Directory, State Plan on Aging, Caregivers Resource Directory, Spotlight on Aging Newsletter.
Karyn Barquin, Program Coordinator/Long Term Care, Program and Grants, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sammy Gawad, Compliance/Administration Manager, Finance, email@example.com
Maxine Grey, Social Worker
John James, Project Director/OWETA, Job Training and Placement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Darlene Nowlin, Public Affairs Specialist, Customer Service and Community Relations, email@example.com
Bette Reeves, Community Relations Officer, Customer Service and Community Relations, (202) 724-5626 36, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cynthia Simmons, Chief of Staff, Executive Services, email@example.com
Sherlyn Taylor, Program and Grants Administrator, Program and Grants, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Thompson, Executive Director
Courtney Williams, Community Planner, Customer Service/Community Relations, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer training for seniors.
- Provides counseling and social services to seniors.
- Financial Assistance
- Funds and administers a network of services for seniors including an independent living program and other programs for blind or visually impaired seniors.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other community-based aging services and provides information on issues relevant to seniors in District of Columbia. Provides referrals to Area Agencies on Aging and provides services funded and administered by Office on Aging.