Earle Baum Center of the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Earle Baum Center of the Blind
4539 Occidental Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707) 523-3222 (Local)
(707) 636-2768 (Fax)
The Earle Baum Center of the Blind (EBC) is a nonprofit regional community center, serving the blind and visually impaired from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Oregon border. The EBC is a certified vendor of the State Department of Rehabilitation and receives referrals for training.
Local support groups and other organizations that serve the blind meet at the facility. They include the California Council of the Blind, Blind Veterans Association, Veterans Administration VIST Program, Santa Rosa/Sebastopol Macular Degeneration Support Group, Thursday Thinkers Support Group, and the Blind Babies Foundation.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Clients served on average per year: 500
Number of staff: 15
Geographic area served: Northern California
Allan Brenner, Executive Director & CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Gintzler, Orientation & Mobility Specialist
Jeff Harrington, Manager, Assistive Technology Specialist
Susan Hirshfield, Independent Living Specialist
Patricia Jefferson, Vision Rehabilitation Instructor
Regina Kutches, Orientation & Mobility Specialist/Low Vision Manager-Therapist
Dan Needham, Chief Operating Officer
Denise Vancil, Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of adaptive technology.
- Offers counseling services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Recreation Services
- Offers tap dance classes, Art History through Touch and Sound, craft classes, fitness classes, and yoga classes.
- Support Groups
- Support group open to visually impaired seniors age 55+.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility instruction.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides braille instruction.
Ukiah Support Group
Emeritus Support Group
Napa Creek Manor Low Vision Support Group
Petaluma Senior Center Low Vision Support Group
The Meadows of Napa Support Group
The Lodge at Paulin Creek Low Vision Support Group
EBC Low Vision Group
Oakmont Gardens Support Group
VA Support Group
VA Friends & Family Support Group
Sonoma Low Vision Support Group
Spring Lake Village Low Vision Group
Rohlff's Manor Support Group
Highlands Support Group
Lakeport Support Group