Florida and Virgin Islands (FAVI) Deaf-Blind Collaborative - AFB Directory Profile
Florida and Virgin Islands (FAVI) Deaf-Blind Collaborative
University of Florida
P.O. Box 100234
Gainesville, FL 32610
(352) 273-7530 (Local)
(352) 273-8539 (Fax)
(800) 667-4052 (Toll-Free)
Geographic area served: Florida
Michelle (Wahlmeier) Pearson, Technical Assistance Specialist, email@example.com
Regina Bussing, Project Director
Pam Kissoondyal, Family Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Taylor-Snell, Project Coordinator, email@example.com
Shelly Voelker, Family & Information Specialist, (352) 273-7534, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides person-centered "technical assistance" to enhance the supports of children and young adults with deaf-blindness. Technical assistance may include phone and email consultations, as well as site visits to homes and/or schools.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides assistance with transition planning to young adults --and their families.
- Support for Parents
- Provides training to families of children and young adults affected by multiple disabilities that include sensory losses.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- The FAVI Deaf-Blind Collaborative serves the entire state of Florida providing training and consultation services to the families and educational teams of Florida’s children and young adults (ages 0-22) with concurrent hearing loss and vision loss.