Glens Falls Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired - AFB Directory Profile
Glens Falls Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
144 Ridge Street
Glens Falls, NY 12801
(518) 792-3421 (Local)
(518) 792-3430 (Fax)
(800) 792-3421 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
Clients served on average per year: 120
Number of staff: 4.5 FTE
Staff description: 4.5 FTE
Geographic area served: Warren, Washington, Northern Saratoga, Hamilton and Eastern Fulton Counties
Philip Jessen, CEO, (518) 792-3421, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers comprehensive vision screening for elderly people in the community.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Offers counseling/social work services, social casework, advocacy, outreach, visitation.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in Personal Management,Independent Living Skills, Activities of Daily Living and Orientation and Mobility/Travel Training for Ages 18 and Up.Offers independent living services and community-based programs for elderly people. Offers Adaptive Living Program.
- Employment/Job Training
- Refers for employment services.
- Information and Referral
- Offers public education programs on blindness and vision loss.
- Low Vision Services
- Maintains a monthly low vision clinic. Provides comprehensive vision screening for elderly people. Low vision specialist prescribes low vision devices.
- Recreation Services
- Offers community-based programs for elderly.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides instruction and equipment for Travel Training/Orientation and Mobility in the Community (Home Environment and Work Environment).