Hope Infant Family Support Program - AFB Directory Profile
Hope Infant Family Support Program
6401 Linda Vista Road
c/o San Diego County Office of Education
San Diego, CA 92111-7399
(858) 292-3835 (Local)
(858) 569-5394 (Fax)
The HOPE Infant Family Support Program is a public special education program that offers services to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 7:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 350 families
Staff description: Staff is comprised of credentialed, licensed and paraprofessional early interventionists. Consultant staff includes credentialed and licensed staff in the areas of vision, hearing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language, nursing, social work, assistive technology, and behavior.
Geographic area served: San Diego County.
HOPE Infant Family Support Program
910 West San Marcos Boulevard
San Marcos, CA 92069
Meryl Berk, Vision Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lois Pastore, Director, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Assessment is conducted periodically using a variety of formal and informal options. The assessment team always includes the family and the vision consultant and may include other people involved with the family and the child
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Infants and toddlers and their families are introduced to pre-literacy activities as part of the program. Specialized materials are provided to each child as needed
- Provides counseling to parents.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides specialized instruction in all developmental areas. Offers home or community services including consultation in the following areas: nursing, speech and language, social work/parent counseling, vision, deafness and hearing impairment, premature infant development, assistive technology consultant services to other programs; occupational, speech, bilingual (English/Spanish) instruction available.