IN-SIGHT - AFB Directory Profile
43 Jefferson Boulevard, Suite 1
Warwick, RI 02888
(401) 941-3322 (Local)
(401) 941-3356 (Fax)
IN-SIGHT is the only agency providing comprehensive vision rehabilitation services to the visually impaired population in Rhode Island.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 1,200
Number of staff: 15
Staff description: Professional/support staff in all areas of vision rehabilitation, low vision, social services, and vocational evaluation, training and employment.
Geographic area served: State of Rhode Island
Publications: Newsletter twice/year; various publications describing our services.
Richard Andrade, Director of Vision Rehabilitation, (401) 941-3322 109, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Butler, Executive Director, (401) 941-3322 103, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Facilitates monthly educational workshops in nine local communities throughout Rhode Island. The workshops are free and open to anyone who is blind or visuall impaired as well as one family member.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living, communication, and life skills. Offers diabetic rehabilitation program.
- Employment/Job Training
- Operates industrial workshop and offers services such as chair reseating.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Reading Services
- Operates IN-SIGHT Radio, a radio information service.
- Support Groups
- Offers peer support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- We offer specialized early intervention services for infants and toddlers (age birth to 3 years old).
- Low Vision Services
- Low vision services for children.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Offers a summer program for children and young adults with visual impairments in conjunction with the Carroll Center for the Blind and the RI Vision and Education Services Program at the Paul V. Sherlock Center on Disabilities.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers internship and fieldwork placement in low vision, regular in-service training programs, seminars for professionals in all fields.