Institute for Families - AFB Directory Profile
Institute for Families
1300 N. Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 361-4649 (Local)
(323) 361-7869 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-4:00 PM.
Staff description: 2 social workers, one administrator.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Publications: Booklets and videotapes on topics associated with visual impairment.
Elva Tamashiro, Director
Services for Adults
- Provides support for families of children with visual impairments.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals if necessary.
Services for Children
- Offers counseling and support to families facing the devastating diagnosis of visual impairment in their child.
- Support for Parents
- Offers assistance for families in locating appropriate infant care programs, school settings, learning aids, and much more through a resource and referral network available to families and professionals internationally.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training for health care workers.