Instituto Loaiza Cordero para Niños Ciegos - AFB Directory Profile
Instituto Loaiza Cordero para Niños Ciegos
Fernandez Juncos 1312
Santurce, PR 00910
(787) 722-2498 (Local)
(787) 723-9610 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (school and rehabilitation service), 24 hour residential service.
Staff description: 91 full time, uses volunteers. Includes ophthalmologist, optometrist, speech pathologist, occupational therapist.
Carlos Sicard, Director
Services for Children
- Assessments administered by staff that includes occupational therapist, speech pathologist, ophthalmologist, and optometrist.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training to its students.
- Offers individual, family/parent, couple counseling; social evaluations; placement in school; referral to community services. Contracts and refers and provides consultation to other agencies for other counseling/social work services.
- Education Services
- Offers preschool through grade 9 program and programs for adult continuing education, general academic, vocational/skill development.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides pre-vocational evaluations. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- Provides treatment of eye conditions, follow-up evaluations of eye treatment or prescription, general medical services, physical therapy. Refers and provides consultation to other agencies for health services.
- Preschool Programs
- Provides health-related services and education for preschool-age children.
- Recreation Services
- Offers after-school programs, arts and crafts, hobby groups, swimming, track, basketball. Refers and provides consultation to other agencies for other recreational services.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in special education, orientation and mobility and regular in-service training programs, open to enrollment from other agencies.