International Association of Lions Clubs (Lions Clubs International) - AFB Directory Profile
International Association of Lions Clubs (Lions Clubs International)
300 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842
(630) 571-5466 (Local)
(630) 571-8890 (Fax)
For assistance, contact the Program Development Department, International Activities and Program Planning Division.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Staff description: Staff provides guidance to volunteers in the field who perform services for the visually impaired.
Geographic area served: International: 44,500 clubs serve in over 185 countries and geographical areas.
Publications: The LION Magazine, various health informational brochures, guide for district and multiple-district sight chairs.
Gary LaPetina, Executive Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Promotes diabetes awareness and education.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Makes computer training available through individual Lions-supported and vocational facilities.
- Information and Referral
- Forwards requests appropriately through the Program Development Department. Telephone: 630-571-5466, extension 318 or 320.
- Low Vision Services
- Develops or supports programs to provide vision testing and screenings, conducts special projects, such as those for low vision.
Services for Children
- Organizes vision or hearing screening for children.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Provides support for sending children with diabetes or physical challenges to specialized camps.