Iowa State Department of Education: Special Education - AFB Directory Profile
Iowa State Department of Education: Special Education
Grimes State Office Building
Des Moines, IA 50319-0146
(515) 281-4030 (Local)
(515) 242-5988 (Fax)
Geographic area served: Iowa.
Karen Blankenship, Vision Consultant, Bureau of Children, Family and Community Services, (515) 281-7972, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Brees, Administrative Secretary, Special Education Division, email@example.com
Judy Jeffrey, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Schertz, Consultant, Early Childhood Development, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Presents pre-braille literacy module for Every Child Reads initiative.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers psychological testing and eye health public education program.
- Education Services
- Provides educational services to all children and youth, birth to 21 years of age, who are blind or visually impaired, including students with multiple impairments or who are considered deafblind.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to teachers, families, and other professionals.
- Professional Training
- Offers staff development program from survey of state needs.