JBI International (est. as The Jewish Braille Institute) - AFB Directory Profile
JBI International (est. as The Jewish Braille Institute)
110 East 30th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 889-2525 (Local)
(212) 689-3692 (Fax)
(800) 433-1531 (Toll-Free)
JBI International provides people who are visually impaired, blind, physically handicapped, and reading disabled of all backgrounds and ages with books, magazines and cultural programs in audio (seven languages), large print and braille. JBI has a broad range of titles, with the largest collection of Jewish interest books for the blind and visually impaired. This service is offered free of charge to eligible persons.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Geographic area served: U.S. and international.
Publications: Jewish Braille Review, JBI Voice, Likkutim (in Hebrew) and the JBI Cultural Series.
Arlene Arfe, Librarian, (212) 889-2525 127, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Isler, President and CEO
Barry Pelofsky, Production/Circulation Manager, email@example.com
Inna Suholutsky, Library Reader Advisor/Russian Community Liaison, (212) 889-2525 152, firstname.lastname@example.org
Israel Taub, Vice President & CFO
Services for Adults
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Books, periodicals, cultural programs and educational materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- South Florida Outreach Coordinator based in Broward County. Southern California Outreach Coordinator working throughout the LA area.
- Library Services
- Offers library services by mail worldwide to eligible individuals.