Joslin Diabetes Center - AFB Directory Profile
Joslin Diabetes Center
One Joslin Place
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 732-2400 (Local)
(617) 732-2542 (Fax)
Maintains affiliate offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts,
New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Washington, and West Virginia.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Staff description: Counselor, low vision assistant, ophthalmic photographer, ophthalmic technician, ophthalmologist, optometrist, optometry students, optometry residents, nurse, special educator.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Publications: Joslin Magazine.
Lloyd Aiello, Director
C. Ronald Kahn, President
Phillip Silver, Chief, Vision Rehabilitation Service
Services for Adults
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
Services for Children
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and resources—in addition to health services and support groups—that can help families of children with diabetes.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Maintains support camps for diabetic children.
- Support Groups
- Runs discussion and support groups for teens and young adults with type 1 diabetes to help them meet others and share their experiences.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers professional education courses.