Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical Center: VICTORS Program - AFB Directory Profile
Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical Center: VICTORS Program
4801 Linwood Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64128
(816) 861-4700 57440 (Local)
(816) 922-3382 (Fax)
(800) 525-1483 57440 (Toll-Free)
Sarah Starnes, Coordinator, VICTORS Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Locates and identifies veterans in the community who would benefit from low vision program.
- Has a social worker on staff as well as Vision Impairment Service Team (VIST) coordinator.
- Information and Referral
- Refers first to other visual impairment rehabilitation centers within VA system, but also to community-based external resources.
- Library Services
- Loans talking books via associated library. Maintains learning center with closed-circuit television, computers, and readers.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices. Offers low vision services to veterans.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training and sighted guide training for low-vision rehabilitation workers.