Kentucky Department of Education: Division of Exceptional Children Services - AFB Directory Profile
Kentucky Department of Education: Division of Exceptional Children Services
500 Mero Street
Capital Plaza Towers
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-4970 (Local)
(502) 564-6721 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 7:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Kentucky.
Publications: It's a Matter of Principle (newsletter). Your Child's Education, Parents Rights, IEP (brochures).
Darlene Jesse, Division of Learning Services, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides vocational rehabilitation services.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to health services available through Division of Program Resources.
- Reading Services
- The Lexington Herald, the Courier Journal.
Services for Children
- Offers counseling services for parents, local agencies, and schools.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Offers early intervention services through Visually Impaired Preschool Services (Steps, First Steps).
- Education Services
- Leads state efforts to assure students with special needs receive appropriate education and related services consistent with state and federal guidelines. Assists school personnel in appraising needs of visually handicapped children and in developing appropriate education programs.
- Support for Parents
- Provides assistance to parents through Family Resource Youth Services Center.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to school districts, parents, and the general public. Assists school personnel in appraising needs of visually handicapped children and in developing appropriate education programs.
- Personnel Preparation
- Offers distance education through Kentucky Telelink Network.
- Professional Training
- Offers Teacher Traineeship Program.