Lackawanna County Association for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Lackawanna County Association for the Blind
228 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
(570) 342-7613 (Local)
(570) 348-1813 (Fax)
(866) 662-5300 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Staff description: Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Lackawanna, Pike, and Wayne Counties.
Publications: Monthly newsletter.
Paul Trama, Station Manager, (570) 348-1812
Mary Lou Wascavich, Executive Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Supplies prevention information via speakers' bureau. Offers Prevention of Blindness program, eye safety program, preschool vision screening, glaucoma screening clinics. Refers for other health services.
- Provides social evaluation, individual counseling, referral to community services. Refers for other counseling/social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management and home management skills. Refers for other rehabilitation services.
- Employment/Job Training
- Refers for employment-oriented services.
- Information and Referral
- Supplies prevention information via speakers' bureau, films, radio, and television.
- Recreation Services
- Offers arts and crafts, hobby groups, aerobics, bowling. Refers for other recreational services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in orientation and mobility, rehabilitation counseling, social work.