Lions Center for the Visually Impaired of Diablo Valley - AFB Directory Profile
Lions Center for the Visually Impaired of Diablo Valley
175 Alvarado Avenue
Pittsburg, CA 94565
(925) 432-3013 (Local)
(925) 432-7014 (Fax)
(800) 750-3937 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Staff description: 3 full-time, 4 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Contra Costa County.
Publications: The Open Door (newsletter).
Edward Lee, Office Manager
Edward Schroth, Executive Director
Services for Adults
- Offer free vision screenings to people 55 and older throughout our service area primarily at senior housing facilities.
- Provides social evaluation, individual and group counseling, referral to community services. Refers for other counseling/social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living, braille, handwriting, use of video magnifiers and electronic mobility aids, home management in client's home and community.
- Employment/Job Training
- Refers for employment services.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for other health services.
- Recreation Services
- Offers program for adult continuing education, cooking, crafts, bowling, fishing, field trips, and talking book discussion group.
- Support Groups
- Hosts group meetings throughout Contra Costa County. Each group is facilitated by a skilled professional.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers adaptation and training for those with vision problems so they can move about their homes safely and travel with confidence in their community.