Louisiana Department of Education: Division of Special Populations - AFB Directory Profile
Louisiana Department of Education: Division of Special Populations
1201 North Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802-5243
(225) 342-3633 (Local)
(225) 342-5880 (Fax)
(225) 219-4588 (TDD/TTY)
Geographic area served: Louisiana.
Publications: Bulletins detailing regulations as applied to state and federal laws, handbooks on best practice guidelines.
Virginia Beridon, Director, Special Populations, Virginia.Beridon@la.gov
Evelyn Johnson, Section Supervisor Part C and ECSE, (225) 342-3730, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Community Outreach Programs
- Identifies, locates, and evaluates exceptional children throughout the state.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides early intervention services.
- Education Services
- Provides free appropriate education to those 3 through 21 years of age, using IDEA guidelines.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides statewide technical assistance to school systems, parent organizations, and other agencies. Offers in-service training and special assistance programs to school systems, parent organizations, and other public or private agencies.