Low Vision Rehabilitation Service: University Station Clinics - AFB Directory Profile
Low Vision Rehabilitation Service: University Station Clinics
2880 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
(608) 263-7171 (Local)
Hours of operation: Wednesdays, AM.
Staff description: Optometrist, optician.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Stephen Kessler, Staff Optometrist
Services for Adults
- Evaluates reading and daily living skills to determine specific optical and non-optical devices to be prescribed and provided for low vision.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living (ADL), refers to vision teachers associated with Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, and trains in use of optical and non-optical devices for low vision.
- Low Vision Services
- Distance/near tasks skill levels evaluated, training in use of optical and non-optical devices provided. Loaners available. Follow-up provided. Provides training in use of hand-held and stand magnifiers, telescopics, closed-circuit television.