Macular Degeneration Partnership - AFB Directory Profile
Macular Degeneration Partnership
6222 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 423-6455 (Local)
(310) 423-0163 (Fax)
(888) 430-9898 (Toll-Free)
The Macular Degeneration Partnership provides information, resources and support for people with AMD. In addition to our website, www.AMD.org, and our helpline, 888/430-9898, we provide three monthly support groups in Southern California for people with AMD and their family members.ti
These resources provide up to date information on AMD research, low vision rehabilitation and living with AMD.
Hours of operation: 9-5
Clients served on average per year: 100,000
Number of staff: 4
Geographic area served: International reach through the website and email newsletter. There are three monthly support groups in the Los Angeles area.
Publications: AMD Update - online and email subscription - free
Judith Delgado, Director, (310) 423-6455, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Raise awareness of AMD and promote vision rehabilitation
- Community Outreach Programs
- Health Fairs and Vision Fairs to educate about AMD and provide basic Amsler Grid screening
- Information and Referral
- Information on Age-Related Macular Degeneration - online and printed. Telephone counseling. Referral resources for eye care and vision rehabilitation. We do not make specific referrals.
- Support Groups
- Three support groups meet monthly in Southern California. Huntington Beach, CA: Michael E. Rodgers Senior Center; 2nd Monday of each month. Santa Monica, CA: Santa Monica YMCA; 2nd Tuesday of each month. Beverly Hills, CA: Beverly Hills Library; 4th Wednesday of each month.