Maryland Society for Sight - AFB Directory Profile
Maryland Society for Sight
1313 West Old Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410) 243-2020 (Local)
(410) 889-2505 (Fax)
(800) 677-3937 (Toll-Free)
The Maryland Society for Sight works to achieve its mission through vision screenings for preschoolers, visual acuity and glaucoma screenings for adults, mobile eye care for the homeless, and eye health and safety education programs.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Staff description: 2 full-time, 4 part-time eye health educators and one Director of Volunteers.
Geographic area served: Baltimore, Howard, Hadford, Cecil, Carroll, and Anne Arundel Counties.
Publications: Brochures on eye diseases, eye health and safety.
Kathleen Curtin, Executive Director
Audrey Novak, Director of Preschool Vision Screening Program
Sherry Roe, Director of Adult Eye Health Programs
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screening for preschoolers and adults and provides free eye examinations and eyeglasses to the homeless.
- In-Home Services
- Works with blind and visually impaired persons in their homes to assist with activities of daily living.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on eye health and safety and refers people to organizations that can serve their needs through counseling, talks, films, pamphlets, exhibits, and posters.
Services for Children
- Conducts vision screening for children ages 3-4 to identify early signs of serious eye disease and refers for intervention.