Maryland State Department of Education: Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services - AFB Directory Profile
Maryland State Department of Education: Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 767-0238 (Local)
Marcella Franczkowski, Program Manager, Maryland Infants and Toddlers Program and Preschool Special Education Services, (410) 767-0261, MFranczkowski@msde.state.md.us
Carol Ann Heath-Baglin, Assistant State Superintendent, Division of Special Education, CHeath-Baglin@msde.state.md.us
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Maryland's early intervention system as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Provides oversight and support to local early intervention systems and local school system preschool special education programs for children with disabilities from birth through age five.
- Education Services
- Collaborates with families, local early intervention systems, and local school systems to ensure that all children and youth with disabilities have access to appropriate services and educational opportunities to which they are entitled under federal and state laws. Assists local early intervention systems and local school systems to comply with federal and state regulations and to implement policies and procedures through grant funding, professional development opportunities, technical assistance, and monitoring.
- Assists local school districts with early childhood programs, individual education plans, and program evaluations.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and resources to local school systems, agencies and families.
- Preschool Programs
- Provides funding support and technical assistance for preschool special education programs for children with disabilities from ages three thorough five in each local school system.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Program Evaluation and Compliance Branch provides support and technical assistance to other branches in the division and to the assistant state superintendent in evaluating programs for students with disabilities.