Memphis Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired - AFB Directory Profile
Memphis Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
2693 Union Avenue, Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38112
(901) 523-9590 3403 (Local)
(901) 523-1480 (Fax)
(888) 234-7156 3403 (Toll-Free)
CATS (Clovernook Assistive Technology Store) sells non-prescriptive low vision aids.
Summer Youth Program (Discovery Youth Camp) encourages kids with visual impairments to develop valuable social skills, participate in recreational activities and receive job training. Younger students receive personal adjustment and pre-employment training; older students receive help with job placement in summer employment.
Clovernook Memphis manufactures biodegradable/compostable paper hot cups and a dozen different styles of pressboard file folders.
Hours of operation: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM (Central)
Clients served on average per year: 100
Number of staff: 10
Geographic area served: Northeast Arkansas, Northwest Mississippi, West Tennessee
Publications: Perspective; TIPS (Accommodation in the Hospitality Industry) Braille/Large Print Menus
Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
7000 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231-5297
Edith Gholson, Regional VP, (901) 523-9590 3402, firstname.lastname@example.org
Majid Kahn, Technology Specialist
Aletta Roebuck, COMS, Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Services for Adults
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers instruction in braille.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training on working with Windows environment for individuals with visual impairments and additional disabilities as well as training JAWS scripting.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers daily living skills training.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational counseling, transitional work services, job coaching, job development, work adjustment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on a variety of local and national resources.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers evaluation of remaining vision and prescribes the most effective devices based on each person’s needs and preferred activities.
- Recreation Services
- Offers weekly art classes including ceramics, painting and copper enameling.
- Services for Seniors
- Myriad services available, including a new Technology Camp for Seniors that will begin Summer 2007. Clovernook Assistive Technology Store (CATS) offers vision devices that do not require a prescription, but that do enhance quality of life. The store is open Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (CST).
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M instruction by an ACVREP-certified instructor.