Metropolitan Washington Ear - AFB Directory Profile
Metropolitan Washington Ear
12061 Tech Road
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 681-6636 (Local)
(301) 625-1986 (Fax)
(877) 681-6636 (Toll-Free)
The Metropolitan Washington Ear is a radio reading service for people with visual impairments and other disabilities which make it difficult for them to read printed matter. We also offer audio description at local theaters and a look-up service.
Hours of operation: 7 days a week.
Geographic area served: Washington, Maryland, and Virginia.
Cornelia Oplinger, Executive Director, (301) 681-6636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rene Schecker, Volunteer Manager, (301) 681-6636, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Provides audiodescription of live performances in selected theaters in the Metropolitan Washington area and audiodescription soundtrack for films, videos, IMAX films. Also provides training in audiodescription.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- National Symphony's printed programs, braille, raised-line, large print, atlas of the state of Maryland with historical, demographic, and geographical data and raised-line and large print atlas of greater Washington area.
- Information and Referral
- Offers look-up service in which volunteers look up items from the Yellow Pages and the Washington Post classifieds.
- Reading Services
- Broadcasts selections from more than 200 current publications--national and local newspapers, magazines, best-sellers. Covers special interest consumer concerns, such as general and grocery shopping, home management, sports, music, the arts, business, world affairs, health, and aging. Publications include the Washington Post, Time, Washingtonian, People Magazine, USA Today, Wall Street Journal.
- Services for Seniors
- The Metropolitan Washington Ear is a radio reading service for people with visual impairments and other disabilities which make it difficult for them to read printed matter. We also offer audio description at local theaters and a look-up service.