Minnesota Department of Education: Division of Special Education - AFB Directory Profile
Minnesota Department of Education: Division of Special Education
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113-4266
(651) 582-8200 (Local)
(651) 582-8729 (Fax)
Geographic area served: Minnesota
Kristin Oien, Blind/Visually Impaired Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Oversees the provision of educational services for students who are blind or visually impaired in Minnesota.
- Low Vision Services
- MDE supports a yearly low vision clinic which travels around the state to the greatest areas of need. For more information, contact Kristin Oien: Kristin.email@example.com
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation on educational services to local schools and to the state residential school.
- Professional Training
- MDE hosts Statewide Vision Community of Practice meetings to provide professional development to Teachers of the Blind / Visually Impaired (TBVI), Certified Orientation & Mobility Specialists (COMS), and other professionals who provide service to students who are blind / visually impaired.